Top 10 Most Famous Aesop Quotes (AESOP FABLES)
Aesop (Greek Fabulist) Short Biography
Born in 620 BCE in Thrace, Aesop was a storyteller who was famous for the number of fables that he wrote.
Unfortunately, not much is known about Aesop’s life, most accounts of his life come from the writings of other authors and philosophers.
Some historians believe that Aesop was not even his real name but was simply used to be able to identify an author for some fables.
A collection of fables has been ascribed to Aesop entitled Aesopica. In 1484, the first copy of Aesop’s fables for children was printed.
Throughout the years, Aesop’s fables have been used by teachers and parents to help teach moral lessons to children.
Many versions of these fables have been reprinted over the years and have been read by children all over the world throughout history. Fables such as The Tortoise and the Hare have been ingrained into society for generations.
- 19 Everyday Expressions That Came from Aesop – Mentalfloss
- In focus: Aesop and His Fables – History Extra
- The Real Morals Behind Aesop’s Fables – The Daily Star
Here are the best Aesop quotes so you can start cultivating small daily habits and stop comparing your progress with others.
- 24 Benjamin Hoff Quotes (THE TAO OF POOH)
- 29 Rose Kennedy Quotes on Life (PROSPERITY)
- 52 Henry Ward Beecher Quotes (GREATNESS)
- Top 57 Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes (BIG MAGIC)
- Top 39 Audrey Hepburn Quotes (INSPIRATIONAL)
- 52 Best G.K. Chesterton Quotes on Joy (GRACE)
- 42 Inspirational Will Smith Quotes About Life (LOVE)
- Top 39 Haruki Murakami Quotes on Life (LOVE)
- 56 Famous J.K. Rowling Quotes (HARRY POTTER)