Top 12 Most Famous Alan Bean Quotes – the 4th Man to Walk on the Moon
“I don’t think we were thrown out of the Garden of Eden. Just look around. We’re still in it, particularly when you compare the earth with the moon. The moon has no plants, no life, no water, no animals, no nothing.”Alan Bean
“Apollo is the greatest adventure of all humankind, and it needs to be recorded in every way possible for future generations in books, in movies and on television. … I’m an artist. That’s the way I care about things. Maybe 200 years from now, someone will say, ‘I’m glad he did that.'”Alan Bean
Alan Bean Short Biography
Bean graduated from the University of Austin in 1955 with a Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering. He earned his naval aviator’s wings in the following year and went on to become a fighter pilot.
After graduating from the U.S. Naval Test Pilot School in 1960, Bean became a test pilot.
Alan Bean became a member of NASA astronaut group 3 when he was recruited by NASA in 1963.
In November 1969, Bean was launched to space aboard the Apollo 12. Bean was the Lunar Module Pilot for the Apollo 12 mission, the second moon landing.
During his NASA career, he commanded the second crewed Skylab mission, Skylab 3. The mission lasted 59 days in July – September of 1973. The purpose of the mission was to board the United States space station and conduct various experiments. Under Bean’s command, the mission became a success.
Bean retired from the Navy in 1975, he stayed and continued to work for NASA as a civilian. He then headed the Astronaut Office’s Astronaut Candidate Operations and Training Group at the Johnson Space Center.
After 18 years of service, Alan Bean retired from NASA in 1981. During his retirement he dedicated most of his time to painting, a lot of his paintings were focused on the moon, for which he used real moon dust.
During the 40th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, Bean displayed his paintings at the National Air & Space Museum of the Smithsonian Institution.
- Alan Bean: From Astronaut to Artist – space.com
- Apollo 12 Astronaut Who Walked on The Moon – npr.org
- Alan Bean: 3 Lessons on Life and Art from the Fourth Man to Walk on the Moon – Goins, Writer
Here are the best Alan Bean quotes so you can continue to be inspired to push boundaries and find the beauty and art in everything.
- 15 Famous Ellen Ochoa Quotes (NASA ASTRONAUT)
- Top 15 Wally Schirra Quotes (PROJECT MERCURY)
- 24 Gene Cernan Quotes (LAST MAN ON THE MOON)
- 9 Astronaut John Young Quotes (FOREVER YOUNG)
- 12 Christa McAuliffe Quotes (TEACHER IN SPACE)
- 26 Eileen Marie Collins Quotes (NASA ASTRONAUT)
- Top 16 NASA Kalpana Chawla Quotes (COLUMBIA)
- 34 Richard D. Winters Quotes (BAND OF BROTHERS)
- 26 Spaceman Mike Massimino Quotes (ASTRO MIKE)
- Top 14 Scott Kelly Astronaut Quotes (ENDURANCE)
- 7 Famous Tim Peake Quotes (BRITISH ASTRONAUT)