Top 10 Most Famous Audrey Hepburn Quotes (BEST)
17 Top Audrey Hepburn Quotes About Life (LOVE)
“Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering – because you can’t take it in all at once.”Audrey Hepburn
12 Inspirational Audrey Hepburn Quotes to Motivate You (INSPIRE)
“Not to live for the day, that would be materialistic — but to treasure the day. I realize that most of us live on the skin, on the surface, without appreciating just how wonderful it is simply to be alive at all.”Audrey Hepburn
Audrey Hepburn Short Biography
Born on 4 May 1929 in Brussels, Belgium, Audrey Kathleen Ruston, most famously known as Audrey Hepburn, was an actress who is remembered for her classic style, charming personality, and her humanitarian efforts with UNICEF.
In her early twenties, Hepburn studied acting and found work as a dancer and model. While shooting for a film, Hepburn was spotted by French author Colette who wrote the book, Gigi. Colette thought Hepburn would be perfect for the starring role in a stage play adapting the book.
Gigi opened on Broadway in 1951 and was positively received by audiences, this catapulted Hepburn’s acting career. She starred in Roman Holiday which premiered in 1953, her very first major film role.
In 1954, Hepburn returned to Broadway for the last time with the play Ondine which won her a Tony Award.
Hepburn has also starred in other classic movies such as Breakfast at Tiffany’s which has garnered somewhat of a cult following over the years.
In 1988, Hepburn traveled to Ethiopia with UNICEF as their goodwill ambassador, and in 1990 she flew to Vietnam with the organization to attend negotiations for immunization and clean water initiatives.
Hepburn is known worldwide for her impeccable style and her natural and effortless beauty. She is also considered an iconic figure.
- The Cult of Audrey Hepburn: How Can Anyone Live Up to That Level of Chic? – The Guardian
- Audrey Hepburn’s Humanitarian Legacy – Borgen Magazine
- An Alternative Femininity: Behind the Enduring Appeal of Audrey Hepburn – The Conversation
- Audrey Hepburn: An Icon Who Knew the Horrors of War – BBC
Here are the best Audrey Hepburn quotes so you can live your life on your own terms without being bothered by how other’s think or label you.
- 42 Inspirational Will Smith Quotes About Life (LOVE)
- Top 39 Haruki Murakami Quotes on Life (LOVE)
- 56 Famous J.K. Rowling Quotes (HARRY POTTER)
- 51 Søren Kierkegaard Quotes on Life (TRUTH)
- 37 Famous Sophocles Quotes on Life (FATE)
- 51 Sharon Salzberg Quotes on True Love (FAITH)
- 48 Mark Zuckerberg Quotes on Success (FACEBOOK)
- 54 Sheryl Sandberg Quotes on Leadership (LEAN IN)
- 34 Malala Yousafzai Quotes on Education (EQUALITY)