10 of the Best Calvin Klein Fashion Quotes (CK)
21 Designer Calvin Klein Quotes About Life and Success (THE VISIONARY)
Calvin Richard Klein Short Biography
Coming from a Jewish immigrant family, Klein graduated from the New York City Fashion Institute of Technology in 1962. Shortly after, he started an apprenticeship with Dan Millstein, a cloak-and-suit manufacturer.
In 1968, Klein launched his first company alongside his childhood friend Barry Schwartz. The fashion line was first noted for its suits and coats, Klein later emphasized on sportswear.
Klein was the recipient of three consecutive Coty Awards for his women’s wear in 1973-1975.
In 1974, Klein launched the company’s line of signature jeans, which would gross $200,000 in their first week of sales.
In the 1980s Klein’s company became known for its underwear and perfumes and was starting to gain traction for their somewhat controversial ad campaigns.
Klein has been credited for being the driving force of celebrity and model centered ads, which were quick to become popular in mainstream media.
- Pride Month: 7 Gay Designers Who Changed How We Dress – Zoomer
- The Most Iconic Fashion Designers of the Last 100 Years – Insider
- Business Lessons Learned from Calvin Klein – Servcorp
- 45 Best Jack Kornfield Quotes (WISE HEART)
- 31 Rosa Parks Quotes on Love (BUS BOYCOTT)
- Top 25 Edwin Hubbell Chapin Quotes (PREACHER)
- 64 Best Kahlil Gibran Quotes on Love (FRIENDSHIP)
- 52 Best Sigmund Freud Quotes on Life (DREAMS)
- 17 Best Joe DiMaggio Quotes (BASEBALL)
- 72 Best C.S. Lewis Quotes on Love (CHRISTIANITY)
- 33 Best Sir Isaac Newton Quotes (EDUCATION)