Top 12 Most Famous Chögyam Trungpa Quotes (BEST)
“If we can accept our imperfections as they are, quite ordinarily, then we can use them as part of the path. But if we try to get rid of our imperfections, then they will be enemies, obstacles on the road to our ‘self-improvement.’”Chögyam Trungpa
18 Inspirational Chögyam Trungpa Quotes About Life (WISDOM)
“We do not have to be ashamed of what we are. As sentient beings we have wonderful backgrounds. These backgrounds may not be particularly enlightened or peaceful or intelligent. Nevertheless, we have soil good enough to cultivate; we can plant anything in it.”Chögyam Trungpa
“We cannot change the way the world is, but by opening ourselves to the world as it is, we may find that gentleness, decency and bravery are available – not only to us, but to all human beings.”Chögyam Trungpa
12 Chögyam Trungpa Quotes About Mindfulness (SPIRITUAL)
“Mindfulness does not mean pushing oneself toward something or hanging on to something. It means allowing oneself to be there in the very moment of what is happening in the living process – and then letting go.”Chögyam Trungpa
“When you relate to thoughts obsessively, you are actually feeding them because thoughts need your attention to survive. Once you begin to pay attention to them and categorize them, then they become very powerful.”Chögyam Trungpa
Chögyam Trungpa Short Biography
Trungpa fled Tibet in 1959, he ended up in London, where he studied at the University of Oxford. In 1970 Trungpa moved to the United States and founded the Tail of the Tiger meditation center, it is now known as Karmê Chöling.
Trungpa was known as one of the first teachers to introduce Vajrayana to Westerners.
A year later, Trungpa moved to Colorado and established the Vajradhatu International. Trungpa was able to successfully translate Buddhism in a way that Westerns would be able to understand.
Some of Trungpa’s followers would refer to him as a “tulku”, or what is believed to be a reincarnation of Kunga Gyaltsen, a 14th century Tibetan guru.
Trungpa’s Shambhala International now has 100 centers all across North America and Europe.
- Crazy Wisdom: The Life and Times of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche – Hollywood Reporter
- Chögyam Trungpa: Poetry, Crazy Wisdom, and Radical Shambhala – Gaia
- Warrior King of Shambhala: Remembering Chogyam Trungpa – Wildmind Meditation
- Top 39 Madeleine Albright Quotes (LEADERSHIP)
- Top 27 Stephen Vincent Benet Quotes (POETRY)
- Top 61 Sri Chinmoy Quotes (WINGS OF JOY)
- Top 34 Allan Lokos Quotes (PATIENCE)
- 36 Jon Kabat-Zinn Quotes (MINDFULNESS)
- Top 39 Rasheed Ogunlaru Quotes (INSPIRATION)
- 30 Most Famous Richard Nixon Quotes (BEST)
- Top 59 Mike Krzyzewski Quotes (LEADERSHIP)
- Top 54 Pema Chödrön Quotes on Hope (LOVE)