Top 16 Most Famous Gen. Colin Powell Quotes (BEST)
27 Inspirational Gen. Colin Powell Quotes on Leadership and Success (HARD WORK)
“Never neglect small details, even to the point of being a pest. Moments of stress, confusion, and fatigue are exactly when mistakes happen. And when everyone else’s mind is dulled or distracted, the leaders must be doubly vigilant. Always check ‘small things’.”Colin Powell
“Wanting to be someone isn’t enough; dreaming about it isn’t enough; thinking about it isn’t enough. You’ve got to study for it, work for it, fight for it with all your heart and soul, because nobody is going to hand it to you.”Colin Powell
“Today I can declare my hope and declare it from the bottom of my heart that we will eventually see the time when that number of nuclear weapons is down to zero and the world is a much better place.”Colin Powell
General Colin Luther Powell Short Biography
Born on 5 April 1937 in New York City, New York, United States, Colin Luther Powell was a politician, a four-star general, and the first African-American Secretary of State.
Powell graduated from City College of New York with a Bachelor of Science in Geology in 1958.
He joined the army soon after graduating and was deployed to Vietnam from 1962 to 1963.
He was deployed to Vietnam once again in 1968 and received a Soldier’s Medal for his bravery after surviving a helicopter crash.
Colin Powell received his MBA in 1971, and a year later served a White House Fellowship.
In 1987, Powell served as the National Security Advisor to then-President Ronald Reagan. Two years later on October 1, 1989, Powell was made 12th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, considered to be the highest military position in the Department of Defense, by President George H. W. Bush.
Powell served as the Secretary of State for the Bush Administration from 2001-2005. Powell is the first African-American to hold this position. He played a very important role in the events that took place following the September 11, 2001 tragedy.
Colin Powell retired in 2005 and has authored many books after retiring such as It Worked for Me: In Life and Leadership, which he published in 2012.
- How Many Times Does Colin Powell Have to Tell the GOP It Has a Race Problem? – The Atlantic
- Colin Powell’s Vietnam and the Making of an American Statesman – Historynet
- Colin Powell: The Republican Party Needs to ‘Get a Grip’ – Time
- What Leaders Can Learn from Colin Powell – Forbes
- 56 Famous Bill Gates Quotes (TECHNOLOGY)
- 28 Chadwick Boseman Quotes (BLACK PANTHER)
- 46 Tony Hsieh Quotes (DELIVERING HAPPINESS)
- Top 31 Designer Calvin Klein Quotes (FASHION)
- 28 Famous Herbert Spencer Quotes (EDUCATION)
- 45 Best Jack Kornfield Quotes (WISE HEART)
- 31 Rosa Parks Quotes on Love (BUS BOYCOTT)
- Top 25 Edwin Hubbell Chapin Quotes (PREACHER)