Top 10 Most Famous Dietrich Bonhoeffer Quotes (BEST)
11 Dietrich Bonhoeffer Quotes on discipleship and Suffering (GRACE)
“Cheap grace is the grace we bestow on ourselves. Cheap grace is the preaching of forgiveness without requiring repentance, baptism without church discipline, Communion without confession… Cheap grace is grace without discipleship, grace without the cross, grace without Jesus Christ, living and incarnate.”Dietrich Bonhoeffer
14 Dietrich Bonhoeffer Quotes on Life and Prayer (FAITH)
“Don’t insist on your rights, don’t blame each other, don’t judge or condemn each other, don’t find fault with each other, but accept each other as you are, and forgive each other every day from the bottom of your hearts…”Dietrich Bonhoeffer
“The community of the saints is not an ‘ideal’ community consisting of perfect and sinless men and women, where there is no need of further repentance. No, it is a community which proves that it is worthy of the gospel of forgiveness by constantly and sincerely proclaiming God’s forgiveness. ”Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Dietrich Bonhoeffer Short Biography
Born on 4 February in 1906 in Breslau, Germany, Dietrich Bonhoeffer was a Protestant theologian who was involved in efforts to oust Adolf Hitler and the Nazi party.
From 1923-1927, Bonhoeffer studied theology at the local universities in Tübingen and Berlin. While studying, he was influenced by several other theologians but was drawn to the idea of “theology of revelation.”
At the start of the unrest in German towards the Nazi party, Bonhoeffer was involved in several protests against Hitler and the regime and was active in fighting against anti-Semitism.
In 1933, the Confessing Church, a German Protestant church that was strongly against the Nazi party, made Bonhoeffer their spokesperson.
During a radio address wherein Bonhoeffer was denouncing Hitler and warning Germany of their involvement in the Nazi party, Bonhoeffer was cut off and was unsure whether or not the Nazi party was responsible.
After some time in London, Bonhoeffer returned to Germany in 1935 and became the head of an underground seminary.
Bonhoeffer was also working as a courier for German resistance groups and would help German Jews escape the boarders and flee to Switzerland.
Eventually, Bonhoeffer was caught and arrested in 1943 and was executed.
- Why Is Dietrich Bonhoeffer Relevant Today? – Faith & Leadership
- Bonhoeffer for the Twenty-first Century – Religion & Ethics Newsweekly
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer: Pacifist, Religious Reformer and Victim of the Nazis – DW.com
Here are the best Dietrich Bonhoeffer quotes so you can find the joy in both the good and the bad and cast out bitterness in your life.
- 63 Tim Ferriss Quotes on Success (INSPIRATIONAL)
- 43 Inspirational Charlie Chaplin Quotes (BEST)
- 21 Geoffrey Chaucer Quotes About Life (LOVE)
- 26 Most Famous Ella Fitzgerald Quotes (BEST)
- 55 Aesop Quotes on Life and Gratitude (KINDNESS)
- Top 34 Henry Kissinger Quotes (LEADERSHIP)
- 24 Benjamin Hoff Quotes (THE TAO OF POOH)
- 29 Rose Kennedy Quotes on Life (PROSPERITY)
- 52 Henry Ward Beecher Quotes (GREATNESS)