Top 12 Most Famous Ernest Hemingway Quotes (BEST)
21 Ernest Hemingway Quotes About Death, Writing and The Sea (LIFE)
11 Thought-provoking Ernest Hemingway Quotes to Make You Think (PONDER)
“The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed.”Ernest Hemingway
Ernest Miller Hemingway Short Biography
Hemingway began writing in high school, and after graduating in 1917 he decided not to pursue college and instead moved to Kansa City and became a reporter for the Star.
After recovering from his injury, he returned to writing. In 1924, his collection of stories entitled In Our Time was published in Paris and was published again a year later in New York.
Hemingway experienced his first real success when he published his novel The Sun Also Rises in 1926. Three years later he published Farewell to Arms, a war novel where he successfully fused a love story and a war story.
Ernest Hemingway was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1954 for “the influence that he has exerted on contemporary style.” (Source)
- The Hemingway Influence – Cliffs Notes
- The Importance of Being Ernest – The Guardian
- John Walsh Unravels the Mystery Behind Hemingway’s Suicide – Independent
- Why Ernest Hemingway Was Probably the Most Interesting Man in the World – ZME Science
Here are the best Ernest Hemingway quotes so you can be inspired to practice your craft everyday by starting small and taking baby steps.
- Top 67 Quotes About Respect (INSPIRATIONAL)
- 75 Inspirational Christmas Quotes (FESTIVITY)
- Top 28 Legacy Quotes (LEAVING A MARK)
- Top 38 Quotes About Culture (IDENTITY)
- Top 58 Persistence Quotes (BE DETERMINED)
- Top 64 Nature Quotes (LOVE MOTHER NATURE)
- Top 40 Quotes About Dedication (COMMITMENT)
- 62 Trust Quotes for Life and Relationships (LOVE)
- 46 Inspirational Quotes on Endurance (FAITH)