Top 10 Most Famous Geoffrey Chaucer Quotes (BEST)
11 Inspirational Geoffrey Chaucer Quotes About Life (CANTERBURY TALES)
Geoffrey Chaucer Short Biography
What happened to Chaucer after these events are uncertain, but historians believe that he continued to travel and had gone on a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.
After some time, accounts claim that Chaucer became an esquire to the court of Edward III after completing his studies in law. It is noted that Chaucer had a successful career as a poet in King Edward III’s royal court.
Chaucer is recognized for his many contributions to the English language. He is credited as the first person to link Valentine’s Day with romantic love, which was referenced in his poem Parliament of Fowls (1382).
Chaucer is most famous for his work on The Canterbury Tales, a collection of stories written in Middle English and was published in 1392.
Geoffrey Chaucer is also known for introducing Rhyme Royal, a rhyming stanza form, to English poetry.
- Beyond ‘The Canterbury Tales,’ Geoffrey Chaucer’s Life in London – Wburg.org
- 5 Ways Geoffrey Chaucer Influenced English Language and Literature – Etype.com
- Geoffrey Chaucer: The Father of Modern English? – Writersinspire.org
Here are the best Geoffrey Chaucer quotes so you can enjoy the art of storytelling and realize the impact of it has on our society.
- Top 34 Henry Kissinger Quotes (LEADERSHIP)
- 24 Benjamin Hoff Quotes (THE TAO OF POOH)
- 29 Rose Kennedy Quotes on Life (PROSPERITY)
- 52 Henry Ward Beecher Quotes (GREATNESS)
- Top 57 Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes (BIG MAGIC)
- Top 39 Audrey Hepburn Quotes (INSPIRATIONAL)
- 52 Best G.K. Chesterton Quotes on Joy (GRACE)
- 42 Inspirational Will Smith Quotes About Life (LOVE)