Top 22 Most Famous George Bernard Shaw Quotes (TRUE JOY)
26 George Bernard Shaw Quotes on Communication, Love and Death (INSPIRATIONAL)
“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.”George Bernard Shaw
29 Motivational George Bernard Shaw About Life, Career and Politics (FUTURE)
George Bernard Shaw Short Biography
Born 26 July 1856 in Portobello, Dublin, Ireland, George Bernard Shaw was a playwright, literary critic, and recipient of a Nobel Prize for Literature.
Shaw was an avid reader as a child. In 1876, he moved to London to be with his family. He refused to take any clerical work and eventually found a job as a ghostwriter for The Hornet, a weekly satirical. In between working he would write his own stories.
He finished his first novel entitled Immaturity in 1870. It was too dark to be published then and was later published sometime in the 1930s.
Shaw started his career as a critic and novelist in the mid-1880s and became a well-known music critic. He started critiquing music for The Star in February 1889.
From 1895-1898 Shaw worked as a theater critic for The Saturday Review, it was also during this time that his work started gaining attention.
Shaw’s most famous work is the play Pygmalion, which he published in 1912. It was popularly received during its time and was later developed into the equally popular stage musical My Fair Lady (1956).
Shaw was a Nobel Prize awardee in 1925 for his works in literature.
- George Bernard Shaw on Marriage, the Oppression of Women, and the Hypocrisies of Monogamy – Brain Pickings
- ‘Pygmalion’ a Study on Class, Language and Sexism – Chicago Tribune
- The World Has Never Needed George Bernard Shaw More – Irish Times
- 5 Interesting Facts You Need to Know About George Bernard Shaw – Classical Arts Universe
Here are the best George Bernard Shaw quotes so you can be open to change to allow progress to flourish and avoid stubbornness.
- 43 Best Elon Musk Quotes About Life (TESLA)
- 30 Inspirational J. R. R. Tolkien Quotes (THE HOBBIT)
- 43 General Colin Powell Quotes (LEADERSHIP)
- 32 Michael Dell Inspirational Quotes (MOTIVATION)
- 56 Famous Bill Gates Quotes (TECHNOLOGY)
- 28 Chadwick Boseman Quotes (BLACK PANTHER)
- 46 Tony Hsieh Quotes (DELIVERING HAPPINESS)
- Top 31 Designer Calvin Klein Quotes (FASHION)