Top 10 Most Famous George Washington Quotes to Inspire You (HAPPINESS)
35 Inspirational George Washington Quotes on Freedom, Education and Self-discipline
“A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.”George Washington
“But lest some unlucky event should happen unfavorable to my reputation, I beg it may be remembered by every gentleman in the room that I this day declare with the utmost sincerity, I do not think myself equal to the command I am honored with.”George Washington
If we desire to avoid insult, we must be able to repel it; if we desire to secure peace, one of the most powerful instruments of our rising prosperity, it must be known, that we are at all times ready for War.George Washington
“Anything will give up its secrets if you love it enough. Not only have I found that when I talk to the little flower or to the little peanut they will give up their secrets, but I have found that when I silently commune with people they give up their secrets also—if you love them enough.”George Washington
“The foundation of our Empire was not laid in the gloomy age of Ignorance and Superstition, but at an Epoch when the rights of mankind were better understood and more clearly defined, than at any former period, the researches of the human mind, after social happiness, have been carried to a great extent, the Treasures of knowledge, acquired by the labors of Philosophers, Sages and Legislatures, through a long succession of years, are laid open for our use, and their collected wisdom may be happily applied in the Establishment of our forms of Government.”George Washington
George Washington Short Biography
Born on 22 February 1732 in Westmoreland County, Virginia, United States, George Washington was the 1st president of the United States and was known as the Father of His Country.
In 1753, he became an adjutant of the Northern Neck and Eastern Shore, and was a military leader during the American Revolution. Washington was one of the seven delegates of the First Continental Congress in 1774.
A year later the congress created what was called the Continental Army, Washington was made commander in chief due to his military experience.
During the convention, Washington was elected and made president. George Washington was sworn into the presidency on April 30, 1789, and was able to choose his cabinet members.
- How George Washington Designed the Cabinet as the Most Important Governing Tool – American Heritage
- What Made George Washington a Good Military Leader? – EDSITEment
- Why Did George Washington Become a Revolutionary? – All Things Liberty
Here are the best George Washington quotes so you can be motivated to live life to the fullest with a vision and a purpose.
- 32 Famous Rep. John Lewis Quotes (SENATOR)
- 64 Best Deepak Chopra Quotes on Abundance (LOVE)
- 63 Peace Quotes to Inspire Harmony (SPREAD)
- Top 54 President John F. Kennedy Quotes (JFK)
- 43 Inspirational True Freedom Quotes (LIBERTY)
- 63 Norman Vincent Peale Quotes (POSITIVE THINKING)
- 64 Action Quotes to Inspire ‘Walk the Talk’ (ACT)
- 57 Famous Pablo Picasso Quotes About Life (ART)
- 33 Famous John D. Rockefeller Quotes (SUCCESS)
- 47 Best Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes (GREAT MINDS)