Top 10 Most Famous G.K. Chesterton Quotes (BEST)
11 G.K. Chesterton Quotes on Literature (EDUCATION)
“People wonder why the novel is the most popular form of literature; people wonder why it is read more than books of science or books of metaphysics. The reason is very simple; it is merely that the novel is more true than they are.”G.K. Chesterton
“The word “good” has many meanings. For example, if a man were to shoot his grandmother at a range of five hundred yards, I should call him a good shot, but not necessarily a good man.”G.K. Chesterton
14 G.K. Chesterton Quotes on Fatih (CHRISTIANITY)
“It has been often said, very truly, that religion is the thing that makes the ordinary man feel extraordinary; it is an equally important truth that religion is the thing that makes the extraordinary man feel ordinary.”G.K. Chesterton
Gilbert Keith Chesterton Short Biography
Born on 29 May 1874 in London, England, Gilbert Keith Chesterton was an author, philosopher, and critic.
Chesterton attended the Slade School of Fine Art where he learned how to illustrate. He had also been a student at the University College London to earn a literature degree, but unfortunately, Chesterton did not earn a degree from either school.
In 1895, Chesterton found work at Redway, a London publishing company. He did not stay for long and found various jobs after.
In 1902, Chesterton had a weekly opinion column in the Daily News. Chesterton was also known as a literary critic and had published works critiquing several authors. In 1911, he published Appreciations and Criticisms of the Works of Charles Dickens.
Chesterton also wrote about religion after being converted from Anglicanism to Roman Catholicism, he released his book entitled The Catholic Church and Conversion in 1926.
Chesterton had also written some fiction books, the most popular of these was his Father Brown series which were written and published between 1911-1935, just a year before his death.
- The Troubling Genius of G. K. Chesterton – The New Yorker
- 5 Big Things to Know and Celebrate About G.K. Chesterton – Thefederalist.com
- G.K. Chesterton and the Use of the Imagination – Dappled Things
Here are the best G.K. Chesterton quotes so you can be open to listening to the best advice to propel yourself to success.
- Top 39 Haruki Murakami Quotes on Life (LOVE)
- 56 Famous J.K. Rowling Quotes (HARRY POTTER)
- 51 Søren Kierkegaard Quotes on Life (TRUTH)
- 37 Famous Sophocles Quotes on Life (FATE)
- 51 Sharon Salzberg Quotes on True Love (FAITH)
- 48 Mark Zuckerberg Quotes on Success (FACEBOOK)
- 54 Sheryl Sandberg Quotes on Leadership (LEAN IN)
- 34 Malala Yousafzai Quotes on Education (EQUALITY)