Top 10 Most Famous Haruki Murakami Quotes (BEST)
11 Inspirational Haruki Murakami Quotes About Love (RELATIONSHIPS)
“I think that my job is to observe people and the world, and not to judge them. I always hope to position myself away from so-called conclusions. I would like to leave everything wide open to all the possibilities in the world.”Haruki Murakami
“Why do people have to be this lonely? What’s the point of it all? Millions of people in this world, all of them yearning, looking to others to satisfy them, yet isolating themselves. Why? Was the earth put here just to nourish human loneliness?”Haruki Murakami
Haruki Murakami Biography
Born on 12 January 1949 in Kyoto, Japan, Haruki Murakami is an international best-selling author.
Murakami was a student at Waseda University, where he majored in drama. Before graduating, Murakami opened up a jazz bar and coffee house and kept it open from 1974 to 1981.
Murakami began writing in 1978, his first novel Hear The Wind Sing, was published a year later. In 1980, his second book Pinball, 1973 was released. And two years later, his third book A Wild Sheep Chase hit the shelves. These three books make up Murakami’s series Trilogy of the Rat.
Murakami was propelled to stardom when in 1987, he released Norwegian Wood which made him famous all over the country of Japan. He has also translated several books from English to Japanese such as the works of F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Many of Murakami’s books have been turned into movies and has gained worldwide fame for his fantastical but emotional plotlines with a heavy influence from Western culture.
- The Fierce Imagination of Haruki Murakami – The New York Times Magazine
- How Haruki Murakami’s Translators Shaped His Early Novels – The Atlantic
- Haruki Murakami: ‘You Have to Go Through the Darkness Before You Get to the Light’ – The Guardian
Here are the best Haruki Murakami quotes so you can find constructive ways to release your emotions through writing, painting, or other creative means.
- 51 Søren Kierkegaard Quotes on Life (TRUTH)
- 37 Famous Sophocles Quotes on Life (FATE)
- 51 Sharon Salzberg Quotes on True Love (FAITH)
- 48 Mark Zuckerberg Quotes on Success (FACEBOOK)
- 54 Sheryl Sandberg Quotes on Leadership (LEAN IN)
- 34 Malala Yousafzai Quotes on Education (EQUALITY)
- 55 Best Thich Nhat Hanh Quotes (TRUE LOVE)
- 40 Best Og Mandino Quotes on Love (MIRACLE)