Top 10 Most Famous J. R. R. Tolkien Quotes (BEST)
20 J. R. R. Tolkien Quotes on Love and Life (INSPIRATIONAL)
John Ronald Reuel Tolkien Short Biography
Born on 3 January 1892 in Bloemfontein, South Africa, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien (otherwise known as J.R.R. Tolkien) was an author and is most famously known for his fantasy series; The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
In his early teens, Tolkien would start developing his own languages which played a large role in the development of his fantasy series. Tolkien graduated from Exeter College in 1915 where he studied English and literature.
It was noted that Tolkien would write to amuse himself from time to time, thus creating his own fantasy world. These tales were known as “legendarium”, but would later become known as The Silmarillion.
Tolkien began work on The Hobbit in the summer of 1930, which was the first book in his epic fantasy series that would bring him worldwide acclaim.
It took Tolkien 17 years to create his sequel entitled The Lord of the Rings. It was not originally written as a trilogy but had to be divided due to its length. The first book was published on July 29, 1954.
Tolkien’s trilogy has amassed a huge cult following over the years, producing several movie franchises and merchandise. J.R.R. Tolkien is revered as the “father” of modern fantasy literature. (Source)
- J.R.R. Tolkien: ‘Film My Books? It’s Easier to Film the Odyssey’ – The Telegraph
- Why Are Tolkien’s Books So Well Loved and Respected? – Hobby Lark
- The Untold Truth of J.R.R. Tolkien – Grunge
- How J.R.R. Tolkien Redefined Fantasy Stories – Newsweek
- 32 Michael Dell Inspirational Quotes (MOTIVATION)
- 56 Famous Bill Gates Quotes (TECHNOLOGY)
- 28 Chadwick Boseman Quotes (BLACK PANTHER)
- 46 Tony Hsieh Quotes (DELIVERING HAPPINESS)
- Top 31 Designer Calvin Klein Quotes (FASHION)
- 28 Famous Herbert Spencer Quotes (EDUCATION)
- 45 Best Jack Kornfield Quotes (WISE HEART)
- 31 Rosa Parks Quotes on Love (BUS BOYCOTT)
- Top 25 Edwin Hubbell Chapin Quotes (PREACHER)