Top 10 James Buchanan Quotes on Life and the Civil War
James Buchanan Short Biography
Born on 23 April 1791, in Cove Gap, Pennsylvania, United States, James Buchanan, Jr. was the 15th president of the United States and a former Secretary of State.
After serving as the U.S. minister to Russia, Buchanan served five terms in the U.S. House of Representatives, from 1821-1831.
In 1836 and 1842, he was re-elected into the Senate. During his time in the Senate, he was in opposition to the gag rule. He was also against the re-charter of the Second Bank of the United States.
Buchanan ran for the 1856 presidential election and was supported by many southern states. He was inaugurated on March 4, 1857, and became the only president hailing from Pennsylvania. During his term, he tried to settle the uproar for slavery terms in certain states.
James Buchanan has a memorial erected in his honor located in Washington D.C.’s Meridian Hill Park.
- James Buchanan: Impact and Legacy – Miller Center
- Leadership Lessons from the Presidency of James Buchanan – FCPA Compliance & Ethics
- 6 Presidential Facts About James Buchanan – Mental Floss
Here are the best James Buchanan quotes so you can be motivated to create a fair vibe for maximum productivity in the workplace.
- Top 14 Martin Van Buren Quotes (LITTLE MAGICIAN)
- Top 74 Thomas Jefferson Quotes (INDEPENDENCE)
- 26 Best Andrew Jackson Quotes (DEMOCRATIC)
- 19 Famous Rosalynn Carter Quotes (LEADERSHIP)
- Top 16 Robert Falcon Scott Quotes (ROYAL NAVY)
- 24 Inspirational James Monroe Quotes (LIBERTY)
- 30 John Quincy Adams Quotes (LEADERSHIP)
- 27 Inspiring Roronoa Zoro Quotes (PIRATE HUNTER)
- 25 Inspirational Monkey D. Luffy Quotes (STRAW HAT)
- Top 5 Bill Fitch Quotes (BASKETBALL COACH)