Top 24 Most Famous James Monroe Quotes on Governing, Freedom and Life
“There is a price tag on human liberty. That price is the willingness to assume the responsibilities of being free men. Payment of this price is a personal matter with each of us.”James Monroe
“The earth was given to mankind to support the greatest number of which it is capable, and no tribe or people have a right to withhold from the wants of others more than is necessary for their own support and comfort.”James Monroe
“While we assert for ourselves a freedom to embrace, to profess, and to observe, the Religion which we believe to be of divine origin, we cannot deny an equal freedom to them whose minds have not yielded to the evidence which has convinced us.”James Monroe
“Peace is the best time for improvement and preparation of every kind; it is in peace that our commerce flourishes most, that taxes are most easily paid, and that the revenue is most productive.”James Monroe
James Monroe Short Biography
Born 28 April 1758 at Monroe Hall, Virginia, United States, James Monroe was an American founding father and the 5th President of the United States.
He studied at the College of William and Mary in 1774, but left two years later to fight in the American Revolution and became a lieutenant.
Monroe studied law under Thomas Jefferson in 1780, and in 1782 was elected into the Virginia House of Delegates. And in 1790 became a member of the United States Senate.
Monroe was among the politicians who signed the Louisiana Purchase in 1803, which effectively widened the territory of the United States.
He ran as a Democratic-Republican in the 1816 Presidential election. And on March 4, 1817, he was sworn into the presidency during what was called The Era of Good Feelings.
As president, James Monroe was successful in expanding U.S. territory, and on December 2, 1823, he introduced the Monroe Doctrine to congress. This policy would oppose European colonialism in American territories.
- 10 Leadership Lessons from James Monroe – Tony Morgan Live
- James Monroe Review: A Reminder of the Era of Good Feelings – The Guardian
- James Monroe: Mason, Soldier, Statesman – knightstemplar.org
Here are the best James Monroe quotes so you can be encouraged to boost your leadership skills and be compassionate towards others.
- 30 John Quincy Adams Quotes (LEADERSHIP)
- 88 Benjamin Disraeli Quotes on Life (REMARKABLE)
- 99 Abraham Lincoln Quotes on Freedom & Equality (LIFE)
- 69 Inspiring Barack Obama Quotes (CHARISMATIC)
- 25 Inspirational Monkey D. Luffy Quotes (STRAW HAT)
- 25 Inspirational Itachi Uchiha Quotes (NARUTO)
- Top 32 Phil Jackson Quotes (ELEVEN RINGS)
- 23 Dennis Rodman Quotes (BAD AS I WANNA BE)
- 41 Famous Peter F. Drucker Quotes (MANAGEMENT)
- 100 Leadership Quotes by Famous People (LEADERS)
- 6 Famous Scottie Pippen Quotes (LAST DANCE)
- 23 Famous Ernest Shackleton Quotes (ENDURANCE)