Top 15 Most Famous Jim Lovell Quotes to Inspire You to Make Things Happen
“There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen.”Jim Lovell
“You arrive on a planet [Earth] that has the proper mass, has the gravity to contain water, and an atmosphere, which are the very essentials for life. And you arrive on this planet [Moon] that’s orbiting a star just at the right distance — not too far to be too cold, or too close to be too hot — and just at the right distance to absorb that star’s energy and then, with that energy, cause life to evolve here [Earth] in the first place.”Jim Lovell
“You have to remember we brought back a picture of the Earth as it is 240,000 miles away. And the fact is, it gives you a different perspective of the Earth when you see it as three-dimensional between the sun and the moon, and you begin to realize how small and how significant the body is.”Jim Lovell
“When I circled the moon and looked back at Earth, my outlook on life and my viewpoint of Earth changed… Earth is a spaceship, just like Apollo – and just like Apollo, the crew must learn to live and work together. We must learn to manage the resources of this world with new imagination.”Jim Lovell
Jim Lovell Short Biography
Born on March 25, 1928, in Cleveland, Ohio, the United States, James Arthur Lovell, Jr. who is more commonly known by his nickname “Jim”, is an American astronaut and the commander of the famous Apollo 13 flight.
After he had graduated from the Navy’s test pilot school, his next few years were spent as a test pilot, testing fighter aircraft and other jets.
He was initially chosen as one of the candidates for Project Mercury but was dismissed due to complications with his blood.
On 13 April 1970, James Lovell and his team were charted towards the moon, but due to a shortage of power and oxygen, the mission was abandoned, forcing their shuttle to orbit once around the moon and return to earth. This nearly disastrous event coined the popular phrase “Houston, we have a problem.” (source) He documents his accounts in the non-fiction tell-all entitled ‘Lost Moon.’
By this time Lovell had already achieved more than 715 hours in space.
- A Successful Failure: Jim Lovell Reflects on Apollo 13 – Houston Matters
- The Decision that Saved Apollo 13 – BBC
- Remembering the Lessons of Apollo 13 and the Importance of Human Life – Deseret.com
Here are the best James Lovell quotes so you can turn your failures and setbacks into impeccable success.
- 41 Sally Kristen Ride Quotes (WOMAN ASTRONAUT)
- Top 11 Sergei Krikalev Quotes (USSR COSMONAUT)
- 29 Neil Armstrong Quotes About Space (APOLLO 11)
- 52 Buzz Aldrin Quotes (MAGNIFICENT DESOLATION)
- 19 Alan Shepard Astronaut Quotes (MOON SHOT)
- 11 Scott Carpenter Famous Quotes (ASTRONAUT)
- 60 Best Jack Welch Quotes On Leadership (WINNING)
- 100 Best Dave Ramsey Quotes (FINANCIAL SUCCESS)
- 58 Best Sam Walton Quotes on Change (WALMART)
- 81 Charlie Munger Quotes on Life & Investing (WISDOM)