Top 16 Most Famous Kalpana Chawla on Life and Goals to Inspire You
“I stopped thinking about it after trying to figure out what are the lessons learned, and there are so many. After I had basically sorted that out, I figured it’s time to really look at the future and not at the past.”Kalpana Chawla
“The coolest thing for me is the experience of floating and not feeling my weight. And hanging by a window just after sunset and watching the stars in the big black dome of the sky as the earth moves underneath.”Kalpana Chawla
Kalpana Chawla Short Biography
Chawla was the first woman to graduate Punjab Engineering College with an aeronautical engineering degree, and in 1982 she moved to the United States where she received her masters for a science degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Texas at Arlington.
In 1997, Chawla became a member of the six-person Columbia flight, cementing her name in history as the first Indian woman in space.
Kalpana Chawla’s second mission would be the ill-fated STS-107 mission aboard the Columbia, which broke apart as it re-entered the Earth’s atmosphere on February 1, 2003, killing everyone inside.
After her death, The University of Texas dedicated a memorial to Chawla in her honor.
- I Really Feel Responsible for The Earth Now: Kalpana Chawla – India Today
- Remembering Kalpana Chawla – First Post
- She Wanted to Fly, I Let Her Fly: Kaplan Chawla’s Dad – On Manorama
- 26 Spaceman Mike Massimino Quotes (ASTRO MIKE)
- Top 14 Scott Kelly Astronaut Quotes (ENDURANCE)
- 7 Famous Tim Peake Quotes (BRITISH ASTRONAUT)
- 35 Mae C. Jemison Quotes About Space (ENDEAVOUR)
- Top 6 Gus Grissom Quotes (MERCURY SEVEN)
- 17 Motivational Leroy Chiao Quotes (ASTRONAUT)
- 25 Famous Peggy Whitson Quotes (NASA Astronaut)
- 18 Famous Valentina Tereshkova Quotes (VOSTOK 6)