Top 20 Most Famous Leonardo da Vinci Quotes About Art and Science (LEARNING)
“Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else. The trick is the doing something else.”Leonardo da Vinci
“I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.”Leonardo da Vinci
23 Inspirational Leonardo da Vinci Quotes About Life and Nature (SIMPLICITY)
“If you are alone you belong entirely to yourself. If you are accompanied by even one companion you belong only half to yourself or even less in proportion to the thoughtlessness of his conduct and if you have more than one companion you will fall more deeply into the same plight.”Leonardo da Vinci
“One has no right to love or hate anything if one has not acquired a thorough knowledge of its nature. Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object, and if you know it but little you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.”Leonardo da Vinci
“Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer. Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller and more of it can be taken in at a glance and a lack of harmony and proportion is more readily seen.”Leonardo da Vinci
Leonardo da Vinci Short Biography
Born 15 April 1452 in Anchiano, Vinci, Republic of Florence (present-day Italy), Leonardo da Vinci was a painter and sculptor. He was responsible for creating famous works of art; the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper.
Born out of wedlock to a wealthy father, da Vinci received an unofficial education in Latin, geometry, and mathematics.
At the age of 15, da Vinci became an apprentice to Andrea del Verrocchio. Under his tutelage da Vinci learned how to paint and sculpt.
In 1472, da Vinci became a member of the Guild of Saint Luke, a guild of painters residing in Florence. A year later, da Vinci created his earliest work of art, a pen-and-ink drawing.
Da Vinci worked in Milan from 1482-1499, it was during this time that he painted The Last Supper for the monastery of Santa Maria delle Grazie. He finished 6 works during his stay in Milan.
Aside from his famous paintings, da Vinci was also very well known for his drawings, such as the Vitruvian Man, depicting the anatomy of the human body.
Leonardo da Vinci was also an inventor. In 1487 he created what is known as Leonardo’s Tank, an armored vehicle that was used as a prototype for modern tanks.
To this day, da Vinci is considered one of the greatest artists of all time.
- What Made Leonardo da Vinci a Genius? – National Geographic
- Four Ways in Which Leonardo da Vinci Was Ahead of His Time – The Conversation
- Renaissance Man: How Leonardo da Vinci Changed What it Meant to Truly Live – Autodesk
- 5 Mysteries of Leonardo da Vinci’s Famous Paintings – Brightside
Here are the best Leonardo da Vinci quotes so you can retain a childlike sense of wonder and be relentlessly curious to seek new knowledge.
- 46 Best Roy T. Bennett Quotes (INSPIRATIONAL)
- Top 71 Life Encouragement Quotes (STRENGTH)
- 57 Powerful Quotes to Inspire Self-growth (MENTAL)
- Top 48 Positive Future Quotes (SUCCESSFUL)
- 42 Best Self-Improvement Quotes (PROGRESS)
- 55 Power of Meditation Quotes for Anxiety (RELAX)
- 54 Best Inspirational Quotes on Miracle (LIFE)
- 58 Inspirational Quotes on Hope (NEVER GIVE UP)
- 57 Inspirational Career Quotes (DEVELOPMENT)
- Top 78 Love of Learning Quotes (NEVER STOP)