Table of Contents:
Top 10 Most Famous Dr. Mae C. Jemison Quotes – The Former Mission Specialist of Space Shuttle Endeavour
22 Inspirational Dr. Mae C. Jemison Quotes on Life, Taking Risks, and Space Travel
“The biggest challenge we all face is to learn about ourselves and to understand our strengths and weaknesses. We need to utilize our strengths, but not so much that we don’t work on our weaknesses.”Mae C. Jemison
“I want to make sure that that future that we’re creating is one that is the best it can be for people around the world, and also one that includes the full range of our talent and our skills – and, you know, gender and ethnicity, geography – to solving the world’s problems.”Mae C. Jemison
“Once I got into space, I was feeling very comfortable in the universe. I felt like I had a right to be anywhere in this universe, that I belonged here as much as any speck of stardust, any comet, any planet”Mae C. Jemison
“There is a fascination with the idea that one has ‘seen someone else do something’ before one can achieve it. Maybe that’s true in some cases, but clearly it is not a requirement. I knew what I wanted to do.”Mae C. Jemison
3 Mae C. Jemison Quotes On Empowering Women
“There have been lots of other women who had the talent and ability before me. I think this can be seen as an affirmation that we’re moving ahead. And I hope it means that I’m just the first in a long line.’Mae C. Jemison
“More women should demand to be involved. It’s our right. This is one area where we can get in on the ground floor and possibly help to direct where space exploration will go in the future.”Mae C. Jemison
Mae C. Jemison Short Biography
While in space, her role and responsibility were to conduct experiment on weightlessness and motion sickness on her crew and on herself.
Jemison also worked as a mission specialist in STS-47, Spacelab-J, a mission collaboration between American and Japan to conduct experiments in life sciences and material processing.
After her historical flight, Jemison told the press that women and minorities can also seize to contribute to society if and when given the opportunity.
Since young, Mae Jemison grew up in a supportive and nurturing environment where her parents were incredibly encouraging of her talents and abilities. She embraced her passion by spending many hours in the library reading on all aspects of science, especially astronomy.
Jemison has been a member of several prominent organizations, including the American Medical Association, the American Chemical Society and the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and she served on the board of directors of the World Sickle Cell Foundation from 1990 to 1992. She has also served as an advisory committee member of the American Express Geography Competition and an honorary board member of the Center for the Prevention of Childhood Malnutrition. (source)
- Changing the Face of Medicine | Mae C. Jemison – National Library of Medicine
- First African American Woman in Space Dr. Mae C. Jemison – Bryn Mawr
- Three Lessons to “Jemison” your Life! – Women at the Frontier
- Former Astronaut Dr. Mae Jemison Empowers Youth to Explore – Points of Light
Here are the best Mae C. Jemison quotes so you can think big, embrace your passion, and discover your authentic self by working hard.
- 18 Famous Valentina Tereshkova Quotes (VOSTOK 6)
- 25 Famous Peggy Whitson Quotes (NASA Astronaut)
- 17 Motivational Leroy Chiao Quotes (ASTRONAUT)
- Top 8 Astronaut Michael Collins Quotes (APOLLO 11)
- Top 7 Fred Haise Quotes (AMERICAN ASTRONAUT)
- 24 John Glenn Astronaut Quotes (SPACE TRAVEL)
- Top 11 Yuri Gagarin Quotes (SOVIET COSMONAUT)
- Top 15 Astronaut Jim Lovell Quotes (APOLLO 13)
- Top 43 Astronaut Chris Hadfield Quotes (CANADIAN)
- 41 Sally Kristen Ride Quotes (WOMAN ASTRONAUT)
- Top 11 Sergei Krikalev Quotes (USSR COSMONAUT)