Top 10 Most Famous Marilyn Monroe Quotes (SMILE)
22 Marilyn Monroe Quotes on Womanhood (LOVE)
“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”Marilyn Monroe
25 Inspirational Marilyn Monroe Quotes About Life (FAME & SUCCESS)
Marilyn Monroe (Norma Jeane Mortenson) Short Biography
Born on 1 June 1926 in Los Angeles, California, United States, Norma Jeane Mortenson, who later changed her name to Marilyn Monroe, was a popular American actress, model, and a Hollywood sex symbol.
She started modeling for a photographer after she had gotten married at 16, and in 1944 she signed a contract with Blue Book Model Agency.
In 1945, she re-invented her image by straightening her hair and dyeing it blonde, as she was fit to be a pin-up model. A year later she landed a 6-month contract with Twentieth Century Fox.
After some success in a few minor roles in several movies, Monroe received a 7-year contract from Twentieth Century Fox in December 1950.
As Monroe’s career was on the rise an old picture of her posing nude started to create a scandal. But amidst the scandal, Monroe found success as an up and coming sex symbol.
Monroe starred in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes in 1953, which became one of the biggest box office successes in that year. And from it came one of Monroe’s most popular performances “Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend.”
Over her career Monroe has made 23 movies which grossed $200 million during their debuts, cementing Marilyn Monroe in history as a Hollywood icon.
- The Day Norma Jean Died – The Atlantic
- Marilyn Monroe: Feminism Icon – Odyssey
- 50 Years Later, Marilyn Monroe Still Influences Fashion and Beauty – The Oklahoman
- Marilyn Monroe’s Forgotten Radical Politics – Time
Here are the best Marilyn Monroe quotes so you can learn to enjoy your success by being unafraid of the opinions of others.
- 39 Greek Philosopher Plutarch Quotes (EDUCATION)
- 50 Motivational Les Brown Quotes (SUCCESS)
- Top 39 Mary Kay Ash Quotes (LEADERSHIP)
- 38 Reverend Jesse Jackson Quotes (LEADERSHIP)
- 77 Best George Bernard Shaw Quotes (LIFE)
- 30 Best Tom Petty Quotes (MUSIC & LOVE)
- 43 Best Elon Musk Quotes About Life (TESLA)
- 30 Inspirational J. R. R. Tolkien Quotes (THE HOBBIT)