Top 10 Most Famous Phil Jackson Quotes on Success, Change, and Being Wise
22 Inspirational Phil Jackson Quotes on Teamwork, Leadership, and Basketball
“Like life, basketball is messy and unpredictable. It has its way with you, no matter how hard you try to control it. The trick is to experience each moment with a clear mind and an open heart. When you do that, the game – and life – will take care of itself.”Phil Jackson
“But trying to eliminate anger never works. The more you try to suppress it, the more likely it is to erupt later in a more virulent form. A better approach is to become as intimate as possible with how anger works on your mind and body so that you can transform its underlying energy into something productive.”Phil Jackson
“Coaching is about, “How do I get people to play at their peak level?” It is a spiritual quest. And if it’s not that, you don’t have a challenge, you don’t have a mission. Forming a brotherhood and trying to move it forward – that’s what coaching is.”Phil Jackson
“My philosophy is that you don’t motivate players with speeches; you have motivated players that you draft. That’s where they come in, and those are the guys that are competitive. You can not teach competitiveness.”Phil Jackson
“Once you’ve done the mental work, there comes a point you have to throw yourself into the action and put your heart on the line. That means not only being brave but being compassionate towards yourself, your teammates, and your opponents.”Phil Jackson
Phil Jackson Short Biography
Born 17 September 1945, in Deer Lodge, Montana, United States, Philip Douglas Jackson was a former American basketball player and coach.
Jackson so much of his time in high school playing basketball that he was recruited by Bill Fitch to play for the University of North Dakota.
He graduated college in 1967 and was drafted in the same year by the New York Knicks. Jackson played as a power forward, it was said that he played with intelligence and good defensive play to make up for a meager offense.
In 1970 and 1973, Jackson would aid the New York Knicks in winning the NBA Championships.
Jackson started his coaching career in 1987 and became the assistant coach for the Chicago Bulls. He was promoted to head coach in 1989 and led the Chicago Bulls to six championships out of nine seasons.
In 1996 Phil Jackson was awarded NBA Coach of the Year and was included in the list of the 10 Greatest NBA Coaches of All Time.
After a run with the Chicago Bulls, he became head coach of the LA Lakers in 1999-2004, winning the NBA Championships in 2000, 2001, and 2002. He would later return in 2005-2011.
In 2010 Jackson won his 11th Championship, the most championships won by a coach of the NBA.
- How Phil Jackson Is Influencing Today’s NBA Coaches – ESPN
- 5 Reasons Phil Jackson Is A Great Coach – USA Basketball
- Phil Jackson, The Greatest Coach of All Time – Silver Screen and Roll
Here are the best Phil Jackson quotes so you can master the art of leading with humility and compassion.
- 48 Most Inspiring Kobe Bryant Quotes (BLACK MAMBA)
- Top 63 Michael Jordan Quotes About Life (DRIVEN)
- 6 Famous Scottie Pippen Quotes (LAST DANCE)
- 23 Dennis Rodman Quotes (BAD AS I WANNA BE)
- 37 Stephen Curry Quotes on Success (WARRIOR)
- 23 Famous Ernest Shackleton Quotes (ENDURANCE)
- Top 28 Daniel J. Boorstin Quotes (HISTORIAN)
- 32 Inspiring Quotes by Astronauts (SPACE WISDOM)
- Top 27 Mukesh Ambani Quotes (INDIAN BILLIONAIRE)
- Top 14 Christina Koch Quotes (NASA ASTRONAUT)
- Top 12 Alan Bean Quotes (PAINTING APOLLO)
- 14 Sunita Williams Astronaut Quotes (SPACEWALK)
- 15 Famous Ellen Ochoa Quotes (NASA ASTRONAUT)