Top 16 Most Famous Captain Robert Falcon Scott Quotes
“Had we lived, I should have had a tale to tell of the hardihood, endurance and courage of my companions which would have stirred the heart of every Englishman. These rough notes and our dead bodies must tell the tale.”Robert Falcon Scott
“We are all adventurers here, I suppose, and wild doings in wild countries appeal to us as nothing else could do. It is good to know that there remain wild corners of this dreadfully civilised world.”Robert Falcon Scott
“We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course and the end cannot be far. It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. For God’s sake, look after our people.”Robert Falcon Scott
“We are weak, writing is difficult, but for my own sake I do not regret this journey, which has shown that Englishmen can endure hardships, help one another, and meet death with as great a fortitude as ever in the past.”Robert Falcon Scott
Robert Falcon Scott Short Biography
Born 6 June 1868, in Plymouth, Devon, England, Robert Falcon Scott was a British explorer and naval officer.
To prepare for the entrance examinations into naval training, Scott studied at Stubbington House School. Upon graduating he started his naval career as a cadet in 1881 at the age of thirteen and was part of the Royal Navy until 1897.
In 1901 Scott embarked on his first Antarctic expedition. Upon his return in September 1904, Scott became a popular hero among the masses and was promoted to Commander of the Royal Victorian Order by King Edward VII for his efforts as an effective leader.
Scott would depart for his second Antarctic expedition in June 1910, in which he hoped to reach the South Pole. Entitled the Terra Nova Expedition, the trip would be essential to the study of the Ross Sea.
On January 17, 1912, Scott and his crew successfully reached the South Pole but encountered bad weather conditions on the trek back.
Searchers would tragically find Scott’s frozen body along with the bodies of several other crew members on November 12, 1912.
His widowed wife would go on to receive his knighthood for his courage and patriotism.
- To Strive, To Seek, To Find, and Not to Yield – Russian Geographical Society
- Robert Falcon Scott: Explorers Inspire on Stage and On Ice – The Telegraph
- Terra Nova Expedition, 1910 to 1913 – The Gazette
- Captain Robert Falcon Scott – 10 Awesome Facts You Need to Know – chimuadventours.com
Here are the best Robert Falcon Scott quotes so you can learn to lead with integrity, fearlessness and consideration for others.
- 30 John Quincy Adams Quotes (LEADERSHIP)
- 27 Inspiring Roronoa Zoro Quotes (PIRATE HUNTER)
- 25 Inspirational Monkey D. Luffy Quotes (STRAW HAT)
- 25 Inspirational Itachi Uchiha Quotes (NARUTO)
- Top 32 Phil Jackson Quotes (ELEVEN RINGS)
- 23 Dennis Rodman Quotes (BAD AS I WANNA BE)
- 41 Famous Peter F. Drucker Quotes (MANAGEMENT)
- 100 Leadership Quotes by Famous People (LEADERS)
- 6 Famous Scottie Pippen Quotes (LAST DANCE)
- 23 Famous Ernest Shackleton Quotes (ENDURANCE)