Top 14 Most Famous Sharon Salzberg Quotes (BEST)
“You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”Sharon Salzberg
“When you flip the switch in that attic, it doesn’t matter whether its been dark for ten minutes, ten years or ten decades. The light still illuminates the room and banishes the murkiness, letting you see the things you couldn’t see before.”Sharon Salzberg
14 Sharon Salzberg Quotes on Mindfulness (MEDITATION)
Self-compassion is like a muscle. The more we practice flexing it, especially when life doesn’t go exactly according to plan, the stronger and more resilient our compassion muscle becomes.Sharon Salzberg
Sharon Salzberg Short Biography
Salzberg had a very troubled childhood growing up after her parents’ separation and her mother’s death, she moved around constantly from family to family.
In 1969, Salzberg studied in the State University of New York. It was here during a course in Asian philosophy that she first encountered Buddhism.
In 1970, she took a trip to India, and a year later, she participated in her first meditation course in Bodh Gaya. Salzberg spent the next few years learning all she could about meditation.
She returned to the United States in 1974 and began teaching vipassana meditation. Salzberg also co-founded the Insight Meditation Society with fellow mediation teacher and practitioner Jack Kornfield.
Nowadays, Salzberg has meditation classes all over the world, and she has been a speaker for several important events.
Her first book, LovingKindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness was published in 1995.
- Focus on Your Three Feet of Influence – Sunwords
- How Sharon Salzberg Found Real Happiness – Lion’s Roar
- Real Change: Sharon Salzberg in Conversation with Anu Gupta – Asia Society
- 54 Sheryl Sandberg Quotes on Leadership (LEAN IN)
- 34 Malala Yousafzai Quotes on Education (EQUALITY)
- 55 Best Thich Nhat Hanh Quotes (TRUE LOVE)
- 40 Best Og Mandino Quotes on Love (MIRACLE)
- 55 Dr. Seuss Quotes About Change (LEARNING)
- 63 Richard Branson Quotes on Leadership (WORK)
- 55 William Shakespeare Quotes on Success (LIFE)
- 42 Anne Frank Quotes About Hope (GRATITUDE)