Top 10 Most Famous Thomas Jefferson Quotes to Inspire You
42 Inspirational Thomas Jefferson Quotes on Happiness, Life, and Freedom
“The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.”Thomas Jefferson
“I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale.”Thomas Jefferson
“We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”Thomas Jefferson
“Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.”Thomas Jefferson
“I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post, which any human power can give.”Thomas Jefferson
22 Motivational Thomas Jefferson Quotes to Empower You
“I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and Constitutions. But laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind.”Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Jefferson Short Biography
Born 13 April 1743 in Shadwell, Virginia, United States, Thomas Jefferson was a founding father, lawyer and the third president of the United States. He is also responsible for drafting the Declaration of Independence.
From 1769-1775 Jefferson was a delegate of the Virginia House of Burgesses, during his time as a delegate he worked to improve slavery conditions in the United States.
A year later Thomas Jefferson drafted the Declaration of Independence and was one of the principal authors, he was credited for his lasting statement on human rights: “all men are created equal.” (Source)
Jefferson became Vice President of the United States when he lost the Presidency to John Adams in 1796. He ran again for office 4 years later and won in a victory against Adams. He made his oath as President on March 4, 1801.
One of his most notable achievements as President came in 1803 when he promoted the purchase of Louisiana territory from France, in what would be called the Louisiana Purchase.
- President’s Day: The Influence of and Leadership of Thomas Jefferson – Emergenetics International
- Jefferson’s Accomplishments Made This Country a Better Place – Forbes
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Thomas Jefferson – Washington Post
Here are the best Thomas Jefferson quotes so you can be empowered to always uphold the truth and promote justice for all.
- 19 Famous Rosalynn Carter Quotes (LEADERSHIP)
- Top 16 Robert Falcon Scott Quotes (ROYAL NAVY)
- 24 Inspirational James Monroe Quotes (LIBERTY)
- 30 John Quincy Adams Quotes (LEADERSHIP)
- 27 Inspiring Roronoa Zoro Quotes (PIRATE HUNTER)
- 25 Inspirational Monkey D. Luffy Quotes (STRAW HAT)
- 25 Inspirational Itachi Uchiha Quotes (NARUTO)
- Top 32 Phil Jackson Quotes (ELEVEN RINGS)
- 23 Dennis Rodman Quotes (BAD AS I WANNA BE)
- 41 Famous Peter F. Drucker Quotes (MANAGEMENT)