Top 15 Most Famous Tony Hsieh Quotes (BEST)
31 Inspirational Tony Hsieh Quotes on Business, Culture and Customer Service (ENTREPRENEUR)
“At Zappos, we really view culture as our No. 1 priority. We decided that if we get the culture right, most of the stuff, like building a brand around delivering the very best customer service, will just take care of itself.”Tony Hsieh
“The problem when someone feels burned out, bored, unchallenged, or stifled by their work is not the job itself but rather the environment and playground rules given to them to do the job at hand.”Tony Hsieh
“Open, honest communication is the best foundation for any relationship, but remember that at the end of the day it’s not what you say or what you do, but how you make people feel that matters the most.”Tony Hsieh
“I’ve found that it’s more interesting to build relationships with people that are “not” in the business world because they always can offer unique perspectives and insights, and also because those relationship tend to be more genuine.”Tony Hsieh
“Personally I cringe at the word ‘leader.’ It’s more about getting people do what they’re passionate about and putting them in the right context or setting. They’re the ones doing the hard work.”Tony Hsieh
Tony Hsieh Short Biography
Born on 12 December 1973 in Illinois, United States, Tony Hsieh is an Internet businessman and the previous CEO of Zappos.
Hsieh graduated from Harvard University with a degree in computer science in 1995. He started working for Oracle Corporation shortly after graduating but left the company after a few months.
In March 1996, Hsieh co-founded LinkExchange an internet advertising cooperation. LinkExchange experienced growth over 90 days. Two years later LinkExchange was sold to Microsoft for $265 million.
In 1999, Hsieh received an email from Nick Swinmurn introducing the concept of selling shoes online. Hsieh was skeptical at first but was later on convinced and decided to invest. Hsieh then became CEO of Zappos. Amazon.com acquired Zappos on July 22, 2009.
Hsieh published his book entitled Delivering Happiness in June 2010. Hsieh wrote about his entrepreneurial endeavors, and the book debuted at #1 on the New York Times Best Sellers List and stayed at the top for 27 consecutive weeks.
In August 2020, Hsieh retired as the CEO of Zappos after 21 years.
- Here are 5 Leadership Lessons from Retiring Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh – Forbes
- Tony Hsieh Is Leaving Zappos After 20 Years, but He’ll Still Deliver Happiness – Inc.
- What Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh Does All Day – WeWork
- 15 Questions with Tony Hsieh – CNN Tech
Here are the best Tony Hsieh quotes so you can be motivated to cultivate your leadership skills to drive engagement and wow your customers.
- 28 Famous Herbert Spencer Quotes (EDUCATION)
- 45 Best Jack Kornfield Quotes (WISE HEART)
- 31 Rosa Parks Quotes on Love (BUS BOYCOTT)
- Top 25 Edwin Hubbell Chapin Quotes (PREACHER)
- 64 Best Kahlil Gibran Quotes on Love (FRIENDSHIP)
- 52 Best Sigmund Freud Quotes on Life (DREAMS)
- 17 Best Joe DiMaggio Quotes (BASEBALL)
- 72 Best C.S. Lewis Quotes on Love (CHRISTIANITY)
- 33 Best Sir Isaac Newton Quotes (EDUCATION)