Born on 30 August 1930 in Omaha, Nebraska, U.S., Warren Edward Buffett (nickname: Oracle of Omaha) is one of the world’s richest and finest investors. As of December 2019, Buffett has a net worth of close to $90 billion making him the 4th richest in the world.
A business tycoon and the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffett is also a remarkable and highly respected philanthropist who has pledged to give away 99 percent of his wealth to philanthropic causes.
More than 80 percent of that goes to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the rest to the foundations of his children.
Also read: Peter Lynch Quotes (ONE UP ON WALL STREET)
- Warren Buffett: How He Does It – Investopedia
- What I Learned from Warren Buffett – Harvard Business Review
- 26 Lessons From Warren Buffett’s Annual Letters To Shareholders – Cb Insights
- 25 Unmissable Lessons from My Weekend with Warren Buffett – Live Your Legend
Below are the best Warren Buffett quotes so you can invest wisely by doing your due diligence and researching your investments.
10 of the Best Warren Buffett Quotes for Greater Wisdom When Investing
Successful Investing takes time, discipline and patience. No matter how great the talent or effort, some things just take time: You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant.”Warren Buffett
The key to investing is not assessing how much an industry is going to affect society, or how much it will grow, but rather determining the competitive advantage of any given company and, above all, the durability of that advantage.”Warren Buffett
The most important quality for an investor is temperament, not intellect. You need a temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd or against the crowd.”Warren Buffett
I insist on a lot of time being spent, almost every day, to just sit and think. That is very uncommon in American business. I read and think. So I do more reading and thinking, and make less impulse decisions than most people in business.”Warren Buffett
Today people who hold cash equivalents feel comfortable. They shouldn’t. They have opted for a terrible long-term asset, one that pays virtually nothing and is certain to depreciate in value.”Warren Buffett
One can best prepare themselves for the economic future by investing in your own education. If you study hard and learn at a young age, you will be in the best circumstances to secure your future.”Warren Buffett
- 81 Charlie Munger Quotes on Life & Investing (WISDOM)
- 122 Inspirational Character Quotes (PERSONALITY)
- 52 Philip Fisher Quotes (LEGENDARY INVESTOR)
- 67 Inspirational Wise Quotes (WORDS OF WISDOM)
- 90 Aristotle Quotes on Happiness & Life (EDUCATION)
- 104 Darren Hardy Quotes (THE COMPOUND EFFECT)
- 67 Ellen DeGeneres Quotes on Kindness (COURAGE)
- 101 Zig Ziglar Quotes on Fear & Goals (MOTIVATION)
- 83 Steve Jobs Quotes on Work, Life, & Death (APPLE)
- 102 Socrates Quotes on Life & Happiness (WISDOM)