He is a courageous and persistent leader who is determined to fight to the end and refused to give an inch to the evil Nazi empire despite knowing that his country has little chance in the war.
Back then, he was quite controversial and many people described him as reckless and crazy… However, this is precisely what makes Sir Winston Churchill one of the greatest men in history.
There were several key individuals in the British government who wanted to make peace with Hitler… which will only result in the destruction of Britain and Europe.
No matter how great his accomplishment, Winston Churchill had made several key decisions and comments that are extremely controversial to this day… Particularly, about Gandhi being a threat to the British Empire and Britain’s relationship with India.
It is crucial that I mentioned this so you know that even though Winston Churchill was seen as a hero by his nation, he was not a perfect leader.
Read these articles to have an unbiased view about Winston Churchill:
- ‘Winston Churchill is no better than Adolf Hitler,’ says Indian politician Dr. Shashi Tharoor – Independent
- Who was Winston Churchill and why was he important? – BBC
- How the English view Winston Churchill, the brilliant, brave and flawed hero in Oscar-nominated ‘Darkest Hour’ – LA Time
- Churchill’s real Darkest Hour: new evidence confirms the British leader’s role in murdering 3 million Bengalis – South China Morning Post
Below are some of the most powerful Winston Churchill quotes so you can see how courageous, persistent, and controversial (insanity) this man truly was.
(LISTEN) Churchill: Walking with Destiny
18 Sir Winston Churchill Quotes to Empower You
“You ask, What is our policy? I will say; ‘It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us: to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy.’ You ask, What is our aim? I can answer with one word: Victory—victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.”Sir Winston Churchill
21 Sir Winston Churchill Quotes to Inspire You to Never Give Up
“We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and the oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. And We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.”Sir Winston Churchill
27 Inspirational Sir Winston Churchill Quotes
“What kind of a people do they (Japan) think we are? Is it possible they do not realise that we shall never cease to persevere against them until they have been taught a lesson which they and the world will never forget?”Sir Winston Churchill
20 Sir Winston Churchill Quotes to Live By
34 Wise Winston Churchill Quotes
- George Lucas Quotes About Star Wars And Filmmaking
- Powerful Barack Obama Quotes to Inspire More Success
- Memorable Star Wars Quotes – May The Force Be With You!
- Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes About Life, Courage, & Freedom
- James Clear Quotes on the Power of Atomic Habits
- Top 50 Quotes by Angela Duckworth’s Grit (PERSEVERE)
- Most Memorable One Piece Quotes of All Time (ANIME)