Table of Contents:
Top 11 Most Famous Yuri Gagarin Quotes About Space Travel and Earth (The First Man on Space)
“The path of a cosmonaut is not an easy, triumphant march to glory, as some people make it out to be. You have to put in a lot of work, a lot of sweat, and have to get to know the meaning not just of joy but also of grief, before being allowed in the spacecraft cabin.”Yuri Gagarin
“Spaceflights can’t be stopped. This isn’t the work of any one man or even a group of men. It is a historical process which mankind is carrying out in accordance with the natural laws of human development.”Yuri Gagarin
“What beauty. I saw clouds and their light shadows on the distant dear earth…. The water looked like darkish, slightly gleaming spots…. When I watched the horizon, I saw the abrupt, contrasting transition from the earth’s light-colored surface to the absolutely black sky. I enjoyed the rich color spectrum of the earth. It is surrounded by a light blue aureole that gradually darkens, becomes turquoise, dark blue, violet, and finally coal black.”Yuri Gagarin
“When they saw me in my space suit and the parachute dragging alongside as I walked, they started to back away in fear. I told them, don’t be afraid, I am a Soviet like you, who has descended from space and I must find a telephone to call Moscow!”Yuri Gagarin
Yuri Gagarin Short Biography
Born March 9, 1934, in Gagarin, Russia, U.S.S.R., Yuri Alekseyevich Gagarin was a Soviet cosmonaut and the first man to have ever traveled to space.
Gagarin was chosen amongst 19 other candidates for the program.
On April 12, 1961 the Vostok 1 spacecraft was launched, making Gagarin the first human being to travel to space and orbit the planet. Advancing Russia to first place in its race to the stars against America.
This feat launched him to worldwide celebrity. Monuments and streets were renamed in his honor. He was given the titles of Hero of the Soviet Union and Pilot Cosmonaut of the Soviet Union and was awarded the Order of Lenin.
The years following the Vostok 1 mission were much simpler for Gagarin, who spent most of his time training other cosmonauts.
On March 27, 1968, Yuri Gagarin perished during a routine training flight when his jet crashed outside a small town. His ashes were then placed in a niche in the Kermlin wall. After his death, his hometown of Gzhatsk was renamed ‘Gagarin’ in his honor.
- Yuri Gagarin and an Extraordinary Ordinary Life – Chabad.org
- Why Yuri Gagarin is a Legend of Space – euronews.com
- The Journey That Shook the World – BBC News
Here are the best Yuri Gagarin quotes so you can be inspired to take the leap of faith to create an extraordinary life.
- 18 Famous Valentina Tereshkova Quotes (VOSTOK 6)
- Top 43 Astronaut Chris Hadfield Quotes (CANADIAN)
- 41 Sally Kristen Ride Quotes (WOMAN ASTRONAUT)
- Top 11 Sergei Krikalev Quotes (USSR COSMONAUT)
- 29 Neil Armstrong Quotes About Space (APOLLO 11)
- 52 Buzz Aldrin Quotes (MAGNIFICENT DESOLATION)
- 19 Alan Shepard Astronaut Quotes (MOON SHOT)
- 11 Scott Carpenter Famous Quotes (ASTRONAUT)
- 60 Best Jack Welch Quotes On Leadership (WINNING)
- 100 Best Dave Ramsey Quotes (FINANCIAL SUCCESS)
- 58 Best Sam Walton Quotes on Change (WALMART)
- 81 Charlie Munger Quotes on Life & Investing (WISDOM)