Born on 20 February 1874 in Bloomsbury – a location within greater London, Benjamin Disraeli (In full: Benjamin Disraeli, 1st Earl of Beaconsfield, Viscount Hughenden of Hughenden), was a British statesman (politician of the Conservative Party) and novelist who served twice as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom in 1868, 1874–1880.
Disraeli was the only British prime minister to have been of Jewish birth.
Early in his life, Benjamin Disraeli was left heavily in debt after his failed business ventures which led to four ‘griefing years.’
After this, he decided to pursue a political career which results in four defeats before being elected as Tory candidate for Maidstone in 1837.
Disreali soon established himself as a compelling speaker and played a critical role in the creation of the modern Conservative Party.
He is remembered for his influential voice and his political battles against the Liberal Party leader William Ewart Gladstone.
- Disraeli and Gladstone: Opposing Forces – BBC
- Who was Benjamin Disraeli? – National Trust
- Benjamin Disraeli, the Earl of Beaconsfield – Gov.uk
Below are the best Benjamin Disraeli quotes so you have an optimistic view of life and maintain a positive balance between optimism and pessimism.
Top 22 Most Famous Benjamin Disraeli Quotes
66 Best Benjamin Disraeli Quotes on Life, Politics, and Religion
Man is made to adore and to obey: but if you will not command him, if you give him nothing to worship, he will fashion his own divinities, and find a chieftain in his own passions.”Benjamin Disraeli
- 82 Seneca Quotes on Love, Time, & Death (STOICISM)
- 59 Wayne Dyer Quotes on Peace & Love (CHANGE)
- Top 64 James Allen Quotes (AS A MAN THINKETH)
- 49 Inspiring Muhammad Ali Quotes (CHAMPION)
- 114 Paulo Coelho Quotes on Life (THE ALCHEMIST)
- 68 of the Best Lao Tzu Quotes (ANCIENT WISDOM)
- 48 Vince Lombardi Quotes on Winning (LEGENDARY)
- 37 Stephen Curry Quotes on Success (WARRIOR)
- Top 63 Michael Jordan Quotes About Life (DRIVEN)