Top 12 Most Famous John Lennon Quotes (LOVE)
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”John Lennon
“We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.”John Lennon
“There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.”John Lennon
“I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?”John Lennon
“Trying to please everybody is impossible – if you did that, you’d end up in the middle with nobody liking you. You’ve just got to make the decision about what you think is your best, and do it.”John Lennon
John Winston Lennon Short Biography
Lennon received his first guitar in 1956 at the age of 16. In the same year, he established the Quarrymen, a skiffle band. Lennon met Paul McCartney at their second gig and asked him to join the band. The Quarrymen would later be joined by George Harrison and Ringo Starr, later changing the band name to The Beatles.
Lennon had also been a student of Liverpool College of Art but was thrown out before his final year due to bad performance.
John Lennon has been an icon in the music industry for years and is responsible for writing some of the most profound and popular songs of the 20th century which heavily impacted the rise of pop culture.
- Lennon’s Music: A Range of Music – Rolling Stone
- Learn How Lennon Changed the World with Timeless Music – Tunedly
- Lennon-McCartney Songwriting: Why Did John Lennon’s Name Go First in Songwriting Credit? – Express
Here are the best John Lennon quotes so you can take pride in your work and not let other people dictate your choices.
- Top 36 Best Frank Lloyd Wright Quotes (NATURE)
- 44 Mark Cuban Quotes on Success (SHARK TANK)
- 37 Best Vincent Van Gogh Quotes (PASSION)
- Top 53 Jeff Bezos Quotes on Success (AMAZON)
- 51 Best Osho Quotes on Life and Love (SUCCESS)
- Top 57 Marilyn Monroe Quotes About Love (BEAUTY)
- 63 Voltaire Quotes on Love & Friendship (CANDIDE)
- 39 Greek Philosopher Plutarch Quotes (EDUCATION)
- 50 Motivational Les Brown Quotes (SUCCESS)