Top 10 Most Famous Plato Quotes to Inspire You to Think Deeper About Life Philosophy (WISDOM)
40 Inspirational Plato Quotes on Life, Education, Love, Politics and Justice
“Do not train a child to learn by force or harshness; but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.”Plato
Plato Short Biography
Born into an aristocratic and influential family, little is known about Plato’s education. Records have shown though that he was a wrestler, studied poetry and gymnastics, and attended philosophy courses.
In his youth, he became a follower of Socrates.
Sometime after his travels, he founded the Academy, the first institution of higher learning in Europe. It was during this time that he wrote many of his famous dialogues.
He then became entangled in politics in the city of Syracuse and was once sold into slavery due to the betrayal of one of his disciples.
Plato has contributed greatly to the world of philosophy. He formed the Theory of Forms, a philosophical concept or world view. Plato also shed some light and gave insight into the teachings of Socrates, and had written several dialogues that are still debated to this day.
- A Primer on Plato: His Life, His Works, and Philosophy – Art of Manliness
- 5 Reasons Why Plato and Aristotle Still Matter Today – Publishers Weekly
- Infrared Imaging Gives New Insight to Plato – Cosmos Magazine
- Plato Goes to the Movies: The Philosophy of Superheroes – U.S. Catholic
Here are the best Plato quotes so you can wiser and be inspired to develop a deeper understanding of the world around you.
- 21 Inspirational Anthony J. D’Angelo Quotes (LIFE)
- Top 21 Quotes on Ambition and Goals (THINK BIG)
- 57 Inspirational Quotes on True Wealth (RICHES)
- 28 Most Famous Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel Quotes (HISTORY)
- 61 Theodore Roosevelt Quotes (INSPIRATIONAL)
- 27 Fear of God Quotes (BEGINNING OF WISDOM)
- 37 Effective Communication Quotes (RESPECT)
- 35 Motivational Dare to Try Quotes (KEEP TRYING)
- 25 Belonging Quotes (COMMUNITY & IDENTITY)
- 40 Imperfection Quotes to Embrace Your Flaws (LOVE)