The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”Sun Tzu
For 1,500 years, The Art of War remains one of the most influential military strategy and tactics that has affected both Western and East Asian philosophy.
His birth name was Sun Wu (Chinese: 孫武) but is best known today as Sun Tzu which means ‘Master Sun.’
- How to Use Military Strategy to Build Better Habits – James Clear
- What Sun Tzu knew – and the West needs to understand – Financial Review
- Sun Tzu’s 31 Best Pieces Of Leadership Advice – Forbes
The Art of War philosophy can be applied to your job, business, and even your relationships.
Below are the best Sun Tzu quotes so you can choose your battles wisely and avoid unnecessary conflicts.
Increase Your Knowledge & Success in 2020
24 of the Most Crucial Quotes Found in The Art of War
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”Sun Tzu
Whoever is first in the field and awaits the coming of the enemy, will be fresh for the fight; whoever is second in the field and has to hasten to battle will arrive exhausted.”Sun Tzu
The control of a large force is the same principle as the control of a few men: it is merely a question of dividing up their numbers.”Sun Tzu
It is the rule in war, if our forces are ten to the enemy’s one, to surround him; if five to one, to attack him; if twice as numerous, to divide our army into two.”Sun Tzu
- Top 40 Leo Tolstoy Quotes (WAR AND PEACE)
- 59 Helen Keller Quotes on Life & Happiness (VISION)
- 133 of the Best Paul Jarvis Quotes (COMPANY OF ONE)
- 65 Life Philosophy Quotes (WISDOM & KNOWLEDGE)
- Top 64 Henry David Thoreau Quotes (REFLECTION)
- 74 Jim Rohn Quotes to Motivate You (EMPOWERED)
- 64 Naval Ravikant Quotes (HAPPINESS & WEALTH)