Born on 6 July 1935, Tenzin Gyatso is the 14th Dalai Lama. A title that was given by the Tibetan people for the foremost spiritual leader of the Gelug.
The Dalai Lama, Tibet’s political leader, is currently living as a refugee in India (McLeod Ganj, Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh) after striving to make Tibet an independent and democratic state from China more than 60 years ago.
His relentless effort in striving for peace led to him winning the Nobel Peace Prize in 1989.
However, in December 2008, the Dalai Lama announced his semi-retirement after having gallstone surgery. (source)
- The Dalai Lama Has Been the Face of Buddhism for 60 Years. China Wants to Change That – TIME
- How the Dalai Lama is chosen and why China wants to appoint its own – The Conversation
- Exclusive: Dalai Lama contemplates Chinese gambit after his death – Reuters
Below are the most powerful Dalai Lama quotes so you live a more compassionate life (and happier) and be flexible to change.
This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.”Dalai Lama
If you can cultivate the right attitude, your enemies are your best spiritual teachers because their presence provides you with the opportunity to enhance and develop tolerance, patience and understanding.”Dalai Lama
29 Uplifting Dalai Lama Quotes to Empower You
There is a saying in Tibetan, ‘Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.’ No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.”Dalai Lama
If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”Dalai Lama
When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways–either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits or by using the challenge to find our inner strength.”Dalai Lama
29 Wise Dalai Lama Quotes to Enrich Your Life
Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend – or a meaningful day.”Dalai Lama
- Top 24 Sun Tzu Quotes (THE ART OF WAR)
- Top 40 Leo Tolstoy Quotes (WAR AND PEACE)
- 59 Helen Keller Quotes on Life & Happiness (VISION)
- 133 of the Best Paul Jarvis Quotes (COMPANY OF ONE)
- Top 64 Henry David Thoreau Quotes (REFLECTION)
- 74 Jim Rohn Quotes to Motivate You (EMPOWERED)
- 64 Naval Ravikant Quotes (HAPPINESS & WEALTH)