22 Inspiring Abraham Lincoln Quotes About Life
26 Best Abraham Lincoln Quotes to Motivate You to Live a Responsible Life
You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.”Abraham Lincoln
22 Life-changing Abraham Lincoln Quotes
“The legitimate object of government is ‘to do for the people what needs to be done, but which they can not, by individual effort, do at all, or do so well, for themselves’.”Abraham Lincoln
“The probability that we may fall in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just; it shall not deter me.”Abraham Lincoln
“The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future. All these are links in the endless chain stretching from the finite to the infinite.”Abraham Lincoln
“The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion.”Abraham Lincoln
29 Famous Abraham Lincoln Quotes and Sayings
“I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.”Abraham Lincoln
“With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation’s wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow and his orphan – to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations.”Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln Short Biography
Born February 12, 1809, Kentucky and the 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln served in the White House from March 1861 until his assassination in April 1865.
Also known as Honest Abe, the Rail-Splitter, or the Great Emancipator.
Abraham Lincoln is an outstanding leader. He was known for preserving the Union and eradicating slavery during the American Civil War (fought between the Northern and Southern U.S. due to uncompromising differences in their views of slavery).
Dubbed one of American greatest heroes, Abraham Lincoln is the classic rug to riches example as he didn’t have a noble background, unlike many leaders.
His life was a living message that people can surpass their background – no matter how terrible it may be – to achieve remarkable results.
Lincoln endured many setbacks but he didn’t allow those setbacks to deter him. Two of his greatest attributes were his:
- Big heart and character. Lincoln believed in human rights and racial equality. And he believed in befriending his enemy. (Today, obviously a challenge for many leaders)
- Courage and determination to press forward regardless of failures and setbacks.
These were his strengths that made him an exceptional leader but there were many more virtues such as honesty, responsibility, service, and humility that made Abraham Lincoln a crucial figure.
If it wasn’t for this great man, many people can agree that the United States will not be the U.S. we know of today (and possibly even the world).
Lincoln had such a tremendous impact that the people from all around the world have endowed him with such an enduring legacy.
- 50 interesting facts about Abraham Lincoln’s life – Constitution Center
- 10 Things You May Not Know About Abraham Lincoln – History
- The Night Abraham Lincoln Was Assassinated – Smithsonian Magazine
Below are some of the most important quotes by Abraham Lincoln so you can be inspired to live life to the fullest.
- 71 Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes About Life, Courage, & Freedom
- 69 Powerful Barack Obama Quotes to Inspire More Success
- 124 Oprah Winfrey Quotes to Empower And Inspire You
- 39 George Lucas Quotes About Star Wars And Filmmaking
- 174 Mahatma Gandhi Quotes on Courage, Love, and Peace
- 120 Winston Churchill Quotes About Courage and Persistency
- 65 Yoda Quotes – Powerful Wisdom From the Legendary Jedi Master