People usually judge others by their appearances and reputations. However, those qualities are not strong foundations. They cannot stand the test of time.
The only thing that holds a person together for the long haul is his/her character. If one has a weak character, one is powerless regardless of how ‘capable’ he/she may seem on the surface.
All truly great leaders are judged not by their external abilities but by their inward capabilities aka their characters. Here are a few ways you can better determine a man’s character:
- Watch his actions rather than his words. It is true that actions speak louder than words.
- Give the man a little power (and control) and see how he responds.
- Put a man in a tough situation and see how he reacts to trials.
No man is perfect but all men can be great by having strong characters.
- 7 Steps to Improve Your Character Habit – Skip Prichard
- 7 Traits of a Strong Personality That Any Person Can Develop – Bright Side
- Why is character development important for students? – The News Time
- The Importance of Character Development – Thanet Writers
Below are the best character quotes so you can act responsibly, cultivate a positive attitude, and have more self-confidence.
Top 17 Most Inspiring Quotes for a Stronger Character
What we call our destiny is truly our character and that character can be altered. The knowledge that we are responsible for our actions and attitudes does not need to be discouraging, because it also means that we are free to change this destiny.”Anais Nin
71 Motivational Character Quotes to Empower You
Mental toughness is many things and rather difficult to explain. Its qualities are sacrifice and self-denial. Also, most importantly, it is combined with a perfectly disciplined will that refuses to give in. It’s a state of mind – you could call it character in action.”Vince Lombardi
You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”Maya Angelou
35 Inspirational Character Quotes to Build a Stronger Inner You
The habits of feeling, action and judgment that comprise good character depend on personal self-discipline and powerful aspiration to become a good person, all of which must be drawn from within.”Edwin Delattre
The within is ceaselessly becoming the without. From the state of a man’s heart doth proceed the conditions of his life; his thoughts blossom into deeds, and his deeds bear the fruitage of character and destiny.”James Allen
- 66 Inspirational Wise Quotes (WORDS OF WISDOM)
- 104 Darren Hardy Quotes (THE COMPOUND EFFECT)
- 67 Ellen DeGeneres Quotes on Kindness (COURAGE)
- 158 Robin Sharma Quotes on Fear & Change (DESTINY)
- 83 Steve Jobs Quotes on Work, Life, & Death (APPLE)
- 93 Robert Greene Quotes on Power & Life (MASTERY)
- 114 Paulo Coelho Quotes on Life (THE ALCHEMIST)