Top 12 Most Famous Victor Hugo Quotes (BEST)
Victor Hugo Short Biography
Hugo received his first writing accolade in July 1817 for a poem he had written and submitted to a competition, where he received an honorable mention.
In 1834 Hugo had written a short story entitled Claude Gueux, which would later go on to influence Hugo’s most popular work Les Misérables, published in 1862.
Hugo published Notre-Dame de Paris, more commonly known as The Hunchback of Notre Dame, in 1831. The book quickly spread throughout Europe, causing tourists to flock to the cathedral in Paris. Hugo’s book also became the inspiration behind the Disney movie of the same name.
Hugo’s Les Misérables has become some of the world’s most popular works of fiction thanks to its film and musical theater adaptations.
- The Enduring Relevance of Victor Hugo – International Socialist Review
- Victor Hugo: Five Things You Didn’t Know About the Author Of Les Misérables – Independent
- How Victor Hugo’s Iconic Novel Restored the Paris Cathedral To Its Former Glory – Inews
Here are the best Victor Hugo quotes so you can learn the virtue of forgiveness and embrace selflessness.
- Top 35 Dietrich Bonhoeffer Quotes (COMMUNITY)
- 30 Inspirational Nikola Tesla Quotes (ENERGY)
- 63 Tim Ferriss Quotes on Success (INSPIRATIONAL)
- 43 Inspirational Charlie Chaplin Quotes (BEST)
- 21 Geoffrey Chaucer Quotes About Life (LOVE)
- 26 Most Famous Ella Fitzgerald Quotes (BEST)
- 55 Aesop Quotes on Life and Gratitude (KINDNESS)
- Top 34 Henry Kissinger Quotes (LEADERSHIP)
- 24 Benjamin Hoff Quotes (THE TAO OF POOH)