Top 14 Most Famous C.S. Lewis Quotes on Faith and Hope
50 Inspirational C.S. Lewis Quotes on Heaven, Integrity and God (LOVE)
“Look for yourself, and you will find in the long run only hatred, loneliness, despair, rage, ruin, and decay. But look for Christ and you will find Him, and with Him everything else thrown in.”C.S. Lewis
“If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair.”C.S. Lewis
8 Motivational C.S. Lewis Quotes on Life and Reading (BOOKS)
Clive Staples Lewis Short Biography
Born on 29 November 1898 in Belfast, Ireland, Clive Staples Lewis (more popularly known as C.S. Lewis) was a novelist and the author of one of the most popular children’s books series The Chronicles of Narnia.
As a child, Lewis was enchanted by magical animals and the like, he would write about his imaginary world of animals who resided in a land he called Boxen. Lewis entered Oxford in 1917.
In 1925, he obtained a teaching fellowship at Magdalen College. Lewis stayed until 1954, teaching medieval Renaissance English. At the college, he joined a writing group called The Inklings, among the group’s members was J. R. R. Tolkien, whom Lewis regarded as a friend.
Lewis’ first publication of Spirits and Bondage was released in 1919 which received little attention, this prompted him to return to scholarly writing.
In 1938, Lewis published Out of the Silent Planet and wrote two other books that followed. The trilogy is regarded as one of the earliest science fiction trilogies.
C.S. Lewis published his most popular work in 1950 with the release of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, the first book of the Chronicles of Narnia.
Lewis was also a devout Christian throughout his adult life and wrote several books on his faith.
- Why C.S. Lewis Never Goes Out of Style – The Atlantic
- CS Lewis’ Lost Letters Reveal How Wife’s Death Tested His Faith – The Guardian
- Why C.S. Lewis is as Influential as Ever – Independent Institute
- J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis: A Literary Friendship and Rivalry – Literary Traveler
Here are the best C.S. Lewis quotes so you can embrace change and leverage on your past experiences to help you flourish in life.
- 34 Best Frederick Douglass Quotes (FREEDOM)
- 25 Best Karl Malone Quotes (THE MAILMAN)
- 64 Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Quotes (FAMOUS)
- 46 Best Ronald Reagan Quotes (DEMOCRATS)
- Top 18 Christopher Columbus Quotes (EXPLORE)
- 39 Best Thomas Edison Quotes (OPPORTUNITY)
- 52 Lewis Howes Motivational Quotes (GREATNESS)
- 43 Best Leonardo da Vinci Quotes (ART SCIENCE)