Born in 551 BC in the state of Lu (Shandong province, China), Confucius (Kǒng Qiū – 孔子) was an incredibly influential Chinese teacher, philosopher, and political figure.
Confucius was the first teacher in China who advocated for education to be broadly available to everyone.
He believed that all human beings are fundamentally good and teachable especially through self-cultivation and self-creation.
Confucius is recognized as one of the most influential individuals – not just in China – but in the world. His wise teaching greatly impacted people and remain influential today.
- Why Is Confucius Still Relevant Today? His Sound Bites Hold Up – National Geographic
- Confucius 101: Key to Understanding the Chinese Mind – China Mike
- An Introduction to Confucius and His Teachings – The Chairman’s Bao
Below are the best and most famous Confucius quotes about life so you can be inspired to live deeply.
Enjoy the great wisdom of ancient China!
Increase Your Knowledge & Success in 2020
Top 20 Most Famous Confucius Quotes
If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself.”Confucius
50 Inspiring Confucius Quotes That Are Still True Today
To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.”Confucius
24 of the Wisest Confucius Quotes for Deeper Living
- 101 Maya Angelou Quotes to Inspire You (HEROINE)
- 55 Patience Quotes for Better Tolerance (ENDURE)
- 77 Quotes to Help You Find Your Life Purpose (GUIDE)
- Top 72 Most Inspiring Dalai Lama Quotes (PEACE)
- Top 24 Sun Tzu Quotes (THE ART OF WAR)
- Top 40 Leo Tolstoy Quotes (WAR AND PEACE)
- 59 Helen Keller Quotes on Life & Happiness (VISION)
- 133 of the Best Paul Jarvis Quotes (COMPANY OF ONE)