Table of Contents:
Top 24 Eugene Cernan Quotes (APOLLO 17) – the Eleventh Person to Walk on the Moon.
“Enriched by a singular event that is larger than life, I no longer have the luxury of being ordinary. To stand on the lunar surface and look back at our Earth creates such a personal sense of awe that even Alan Shepard wept at the view. Trying to exist within the paradox of being in this world after visiting another may be why some Moon voyagers tend to be reclusive.”Gene Cernan
“Here I am at the turn of the millennium and I’m still the last man to have walked on the moon, somewhat disappointing. It says more about what we have not done than about what we have done.”Gene Cernan
“To become an astronaut, someone has to have a dream of his own to do something that he or she has always wanted to do, then commit himself to making that dream come true.”Gene Cernan
“I do believe there is life in outer space. Mathematically, there has to be, and if you believe as I do that there is a creator of the universe, then how can we be so arrogant to believe he created life here and nowhere else?”Gene Cernan
“Perhaps the two greatest moments of my life were standing on the moon and being outside of the room when my granddaughter was born! We tend not to remember the worst.”Gene Cernan
Gene Cernan Short Biography
The Gemini 9 space mission launched Cernan into space on June 3, 1966. This mission made him the second American to perform a spacewalk.
In December of 1972, Cernan became the commander of Apollo 17, the last Apollo mission. This mission would end with record-breaking achievements, one of the more notable achievements was the iconic photograph capture of the earth, the picture was named: the blue marble. (Source)
The Apollo 17 mission dubbed Gene Cernan as “the last man on the moon”.
Cernan retired from NASA on July 1, 1976. After retirement, he began working in private businesses and became the Executive Vice President of Coral Petroleum Inc.
He co-authored his memoir entitled; The Last Man on The Moon, which was published on March 22, 1999.
- The Last Lunar Explorer – Bluesci
- 3 Lessons from the Last Man to Visit the Moon – entrepreneur.com
- Remembering Apollo 17’s Gene Cernan – Seeker
- Eugene Cernan: Last Man on the Moon – space.com
Here are the best Gene Cernan quotes so you can be inspired to collaborate and be a team leader to achieve exceptional goals in the workplace.
- 9 Astronaut John Young Quotes (FOREVER YOUNG)
- 12 Christa McAuliffe Quotes (TEACHER IN SPACE)
- 26 Eileen Marie Collins Quotes (NASA ASTRONAUT)
- Top 16 NASA Kalpana Chawla Quotes (COLUMBIA)
- 34 Richard D. Winters Quotes (BAND OF BROTHERS)
- 26 Spaceman Mike Massimino Quotes (ASTRO MIKE)
- Top 14 Scott Kelly Astronaut Quotes (ENDURANCE)
- 7 Famous Tim Peake Quotes (BRITISH ASTRONAUT)