Top 10 Most Famous Henry Ward Beecher Quotes (BEST)
18 Inspirational Henry Ward Beecher Quotes About Life (HAPPINESS)
24 Wise Henry Ward Beecher Quotes to Motivate You (WISDOM)
“I can forgive, but I cannot forget,’ is only another way of saying, ‘I will not forgive.’ Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note – torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one.”Henry Ward Beecher
Henry Ward Beecher Short Biography
Born on 24 June 1813 in Litchfield, Connecticut, United States, Henry Ward Beecher was an orator and a Congregationalist clergyman who was vocal about ending slavery.
In 1827, at the age of 14, Beecher started his oratorical training at the Mount Pleasant Classical Institute. Beecher attended Amherst College, and it was here that he had his first taste of public speaking. During this time, he also decided to join the ministry.
After graduating, Beecher attended Lane Theological Seminary and finished his course in 1837. He then moved to Indiana with his wife and was offered a post as a minister for the First Presbyterian Church.
Beecher moved to New York in 1847 and started drawing large crowds in the thousands by the 1850s. During this time, he started becoming more and more vocal about his opposition of slavery.
Beecher was also an advocate for women’s suffrage and evolutionary theory.
- Henry Ward Beecher, a Preacher with Political Clout – Connecticuthistory.org
- Henry Ward Beecher – History of U.S. Woman’s Suffrage – National Women’s History Museum
- Henry Ward Beecher: Preaching to Change Lives and Society – Preaching.com
Here are the best Henry Ward Beecher quotes so you can become an inspiration to others through spreading positivity.
- Top 39 Audrey Hepburn Quotes (INSPIRATIONAL)
- 52 Best G.K. Chesterton Quotes on Joy (GRACE)
- 42 Inspirational Will Smith Quotes About Life (LOVE)
- Top 39 Haruki Murakami Quotes on Life (LOVE)
- 56 Famous J.K. Rowling Quotes (HARRY POTTER)
- 51 Søren Kierkegaard Quotes on Life (TRUTH)
- 37 Famous Sophocles Quotes on Life (FATE)
- 51 Sharon Salzberg Quotes on True Love (FAITH)
- 48 Mark Zuckerberg Quotes on Success (FACEBOOK)