Top 12 Most Famous Alexander Hamilton Quotes (BEST)
12 Alexander Hamilton Quotes About Government and Liberty (FREEDOM)
“There are seasons in every country when noise and impudence pass current for worth; and in popular commotions especially, the clamors of interested and factious men are often mistaken for patriotism.”Alexander Hamilton
Alexander Hamilton Short Biography
Born on 11 January 1755 or 1757 in Nevis, British West Indies, Alexander Hamilton was a statesman, military commander, and a founding father of America.
Hamilton started working at the age of 11 when his father left the family, and his mother became destitute.
In 1773, Hamilton became a student of King’s College, later known as Columbia University. Three years later, he was recruited as a captain in the provincial artillery.
In 1777, George Washington made Hamilton an aide-de-camp, and both men became very close. Hamilton became a trusted companion of Washington.
Hamilton moved to Albany in 1781 to study law. In 1783, he started practicing law in New York City. Hamilton earned a seat at the lower house of the New York legislature in 1787.
From October 1787 to May 1788, while using the fake name Publius, Hamilton wrote to The Federalist, along with James Madison and John Jay, wherein they defended the Constitution. These letters became known as The Federalist Papers.
- 10 Essential Facts About Alexander Hamilton – National Constitution Center
- How the Rivalry Between Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton Changed History – Time
- Alexander Hamilton and the American Dream – Foreign Policy Research Institute
- Top 27 Stephen Vincent Benet Quotes (POETRY)
- Top 61 Sri Chinmoy Quotes (WINGS OF JOY)
- Top 34 Allan Lokos Quotes (PATIENCE)
- 36 Jon Kabat-Zinn Quotes (MINDFULNESS)
- Top 39 Rasheed Ogunlaru Quotes (INSPIRATION)
- 30 Most Famous Richard Nixon Quotes (BEST)
- Top 59 Mike Krzyzewski Quotes (LEADERSHIP)
- Top 54 Pema Chödrön Quotes on Hope (LOVE)