12 Most Famous Larry Bird Quotes to Inspire You
“Practice habits were crucial to my development in basketball. I didn’t play against the toughest competition in high school, but one reason I was able to do well in college was that I mastered the fundamentals. You’ve got to have them down before you can even think about playing.”Larry Bird
15 Inspirational Larry Bird Quotes to Motivate and Empower You (LEADERSHIP)
“Leadership is getting players to believe in you. If you tell a teammate you’re ready to play as tough as you’re able to, you’d better go out there and do it. Players will see right through a phony.”Larry Bird
“Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It’s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That’s the only way you’re going to get respect from the players.”Larry Bird
“I was always making decisions and they were easier decisions because I had control of the game, I had control of the ball. As a coach you sort of put the ball in other player’s hands and let them make decisions for you. But I still get a kick out of winning basketball games and that’s what I’m in this for.”Larry Bird
Larry Bird Short Biography
Born on 7 December 1956 in West Baden Springs, Indiana, United States, Larry Joe Bird was a former American basketball player and coach.
As a teen Bird used basketball to distract himself from his family life troubles. In 1974, he eventually earned a scholarship to play college basketball for Indiana University – Bloomington but withdrew after a year.
In 1975 he enrolled in Indiana State University, where he forged a successful college basketball career. He was selected for the 1978 NBA draft by the Boston Celtics but decided that he would finish his last year of college and entered the 1979 draft instead.
Bird won the Rookie of the Year award for the 1979-1980 NBA season. He won the All-Star Game MVP Award during the 1982 All-Star Game.
Larry Bird was awarded NBA MVP for 3 consecutive years in 1984-1986.
In 1992, Bird was a member of the Olympic Dream Team (coached by Chuck Daly), winning gold for the United States in Barcelona, Spain. He retired in the same year.
Bird went on to coach the Indiana Pacers in 1997, leading them to success, and was awarded NBA Coach of the Year during the 1997-1998 season.
- Plain and Simple, Bird is One of The Best – ESPN
- Larry Bird: Grit and Discipline Helped Him Lead Championship Teams – Investor’s Business Daily
- Being A White Player in the NBA, Trash-Talking and Today’s Game – The Undefeated
Here are the best Larry Bird quotes so you can be gritty and determined to work hard at achieving the best in your endeavor.
- Top 63 Michael Jordan Quotes About Life (DRIVEN)
- 23 Dennis Rodman Quotes (BAD AS I WANNA BE)
- 6 Famous Scottie Pippen Quotes (LAST DANCE)
- Top 16 Isiah Thomas Quotes (DETROIT PISTON)
- 52 Inspirational Bob Dylan Quotes (SONGWRITER)
- 36 Most Famous John Adams Quotes (LIBERTY)
- 49 Mitch Albom Quotes (TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE)
- 62 Mindfulness Quotes for Work and Anxiety (ZEN)
- 61 Inspirational Amit Ray Quotes (SPIRITUAL)
- Top 10 James Buchanan Quotes (POLITICIAN)
- 10 Most Famous Chuck Daly Quotes (DREAM TEAM)