Table of Contents:
Top 14 Most Famous Sunita Williams Quotes – Previous Record Most Spacewalk Time for a Woman
“I do hope there are other wonderful planets living and thriving out there, but ours is special because it is ours and ours to take care of. We really can’t take that too lightly.”Sunita Williams
“The space program is a peaceful project. The next door is opening. We have to go farther into space. But, before that, we need to develop far more improved nutrition and more advanced spacecraft.”Sunita Williams
“As the spinal cord increases, it makes you taller. However, after landing on the Earth you shrink a bit. What was worrisome was that some of the wrinkles, which had disappeared there, came back. During our journey, we did weight lifting, squats, and deadlifts to regenerate the bone density. Luckily, my muscle mass and bone density did not alter. Our workout was so rigorous. We followed new diets. After two weeks, we were back to normal.”Sunita Williams
Sunita Williams Short Biography
Born 19 September 1965, in Euclid, Ohio, United States, Sunita Lyn Williams is an American astronaut (of Indian heritage) tied with Peggy Whitson for holding the record of the most spacewalks by a woman.
After a career in the military, Williams started training at the U.S. Naval Test Pilot School in 1993 and became a test pilot shortly after.
Sunita Williams became an astronaut for NASA in June 1998.
STS-116 was Williams’ first space mission and was launched into space onboard the Space Shuttle Discovery on December 9, 2006, during this mission, Williams had already performed four spacewalks from the International Space Station.
Sunita Williams has the honor of being the first triathlon participant in space when she competed on September 16, 2012 from the International Space Station.
Her biography written by Aravinda Anantharaman is titled: Sunita Williams: A Star in Space.
Sunita Williams currently still works for NASA and had been scheduled for a space flight in 2020.
- Get Involved: Sunita Williams to Indians – The Hindu
- Try New Things: Sunita Williams advises Gen Y – Hindustan Times
- Astronaut Sunita Williams on Her Time in Space and the ‘Mars Generation’ – Radio Boston
- Sunita Williams Advises Stranded Indian Students – republicworld.com
Here are the best Sunita Williams quotes so you can use your uniqueness and individual qualities to achieve noteworthy success.
- 24 Gene Cernan Quotes (LAST MAN ON THE MOON)
- Top 15 Wally Schirra Quotes (PROJECT MERCURY)
- 9 Astronaut John Young Quotes (FOREVER YOUNG)
- 12 Christa McAuliffe Quotes (TEACHER IN SPACE)
- 26 Eileen Marie Collins Quotes (NASA ASTRONAUT)
- Top 16 NASA Kalpana Chawla Quotes (COLUMBIA)
- 34 Richard D. Winters Quotes (BAND OF BROTHERS)
- 26 Spaceman Mike Massimino Quotes (ASTRO MIKE)
- Top 14 Scott Kelly Astronaut Quotes (ENDURANCE)
- 7 Famous Tim Peake Quotes (BRITISH ASTRONAUT)